Deleting Attachments / Inserting Images by URL

gobebeth

Hi,

I searched and can see some of this has been brought up before but I couldn't find any answers that actually helped me.

I only now realized that when I attach pictures from my computer/phone, I am using up a limited amount of space I have for all of my attachments. Is there a way to delete my old attachments? I can find the "My Attachments" section in my settings, but I see no way to do anything except view them. If I do delete them, will they be deleted from the threads they are in?

Also, I tried to attach an image by URL from my Dropbox, but when I hit "Insert" the URL just turns red and nothing happens...

Thanks!

• Administrators

The only way to have something from a specific post deleted is to ask a moderator. Only we're volunteers so we don't edit old posts unless there's a very good reason.

You could try deleting from your side and then go to the post that the image was in and see if it's gone or not. I suspect it would be as the "hosted" image is deleted.

Side note: This forum is not picture-friendly...........and that is why it's not common to see people posting a tonne of pictures like you might see in other forums. This helps keep the forum somewhat streamlined and more informative. That said, if you did want to upload a picture of a meal that you wanted reviewed (or something like that), you can use photobucket and then use the "IMG" link that you get once your photo is uploaded. We do delete (when we come across them) irrelevant pictures that clutter up otherwise informative threads. Just so you know. :) 

Okay, thanks. I mainly just liked the idea of posting pictures in my log, but I guess I'll just forgo that. 

I would still like to know if there's any way to delete the images from My Attachments? I can't figure out how to do it. I don't care if they disappear from the posts they were in. I'd just like to clear up the space.

• Administrators

Ya, I can't see a way to do that and I have all the permissions. I can't delete my own attachments either. I suspect if I went to the post that they were in and deleted them from there, they'd disappear. But that doesn't work for members because you guys can't edit your posts after 15 minutes.

I'll ask the question of the forum support folks but don't hold your breath?

On 5/3/2017 at 7:56 AM, ladyshanny said:

We do delete (when we come across them) irrelevant pictures that clutter up otherwise informative threads. Just so you know. :) 

What? Lame :huh:

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, kirkor said:

What? Lame :huh:

Not aaaaaaallllllllllllll the attachments and there are some threads that we stay out of all together that are very picture-heavy. But if someone is trying to have a serious conversation and trying to get information, it makes it really offputting/difficult to scroll though 80 pictures of pansies just to find out how to best compose their meals. You get me? ;)

22 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

Ya, I can't see a way to do that and I have all the permissions. I can't delete my own attachments either. I suspect if I went to the post that they were in and deleted them from there, they'd disappear. But that doesn't work for members because you guys can't edit your posts after 15 minutes.

I'll ask the question of the forum support folks but don't hold your breath?

Appreciate you looking into it! :) I definitely won't hold my breath, though, lol.

I upload my photos to a free imgur account, and they have code you can paste right into your blog text for your photo to appear.  I use it all the time; takes up no space.  After you upload your photo to imgur, click on the photo and the screen below appears.  Hit the copy button (on the part I circled in red) and paste that text into your blog.  Your photo magically appears.  This photo appears via imgur:

ym5hWbe.png

Archived