May 15 Start

MrsZimm13

Hi all- It's that time of year and spring cleaning my gut feels appropriate.  :o 

Tomorrow starts a new day and a new W30.  Some old friends and some new friends are joining in, so this should be a support packed journey.  

Jody- so glad you contacted me and got me to recommit.  

Cheers!

Susan   

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 1 is won and done.

After looking at my W30 food log, I realized this morning's breakfast was exactly what I had Day 1 of my first W30.  Funny.  Here's how the day went:

Breakfast:  egg, onion, spinach scrambo with Frank's red hot, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  Bilinski chicken and spinach sausage, cabbage slaw with balsamic/EVOO.

Dinner:  chicken fried in olive oil with fajita seasoning, tomatoes, sautéed onions and peppers, guacamole.

Day 1 

Roasted Veggies and quiche

Egg salad wrapped in a collard leaf (surprisingly good and effective), salad with balsamic & Olive oil

Meatloaf, salad balsamic & Olive oil, sautéed asparagus

Prepped unstuffed cabbage roll for tomorrows dinner.  Also made mayo for salmon cakes for Thursday night dinner. 

Day 2

Slept like a baby last night.  Amazing that even one day on W30 can make a difference. 

B:  a hamburger with mustard and onions, a sliced cucumber, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  fajita chicken with tomatoes, onions, peppers and guac.

D:  chicken and spinach sausages, cabbage slaw with balsamic/EVOO.

Day 2

2 eggs, sautéed shredded cabbage, coconut oil, 2 pieces bacon

salad, Avocado oil/balsamic, quiche

2 W30 fish cakes, tartar sauce, sautéed kale in ghee, lemon juice and fresh garlic

Prepped egg salad & kale chips are in the oven dehydrating. 

Picked from the garden: snap peas, romaine, beets, broccoli, cabbage, & kale

Note: Sleepy today & had a mild headache around 4 pm that lasted 1.5 hours.  Other than that, all is well. 

Day 3

Slept really well again last night....one of the biggest NSVs.  Today I smoked...meat.  Got an electric smoker from the hubby for this year's anniversary (beyond happy about it :D) and today I smoked pork ribs. Seven and a half hours later and we were in heaven as they fell off the bone. Here's the rest:

B: a hamburger with onions, pickles and mustard, 1/2 cucumber, coffee w/coconut oil.

L:  fajita chicken with tomatoes, peppers, onions and guac.

D:  smoked pork ribs, spring mix wIth balsamic/EVOO.

Also made the W30 bbq sauce which is scrumptious.

Day 3.....

worked in the garden for 1.5 hrs in the morning

2 eggs & cabbage sautéed with liquid amines, 2 pieces of bacon ( realized today that LA is not W30!!) restarting tomorrow

venison meatloaf, sautéed cabbage and whole30 BBQ sauce- yum Yum!

buffalo salad with blue cheese and blue cheese dressing 

Day 1....

Ok, here we go again.  

2 eggs, 1.5 bacon

1/4 c macadamia nuts, romaine with egg salad

1/2 pork chop, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 cup meat in tomato sauce

Cooked 1.5 lbs of ground venison with 1 onion, 1/2 bell pepper and a jar of spaghetti sauce.  YUMMY!!!  

Prepped 2 dozen eggs for egg salad

Cleaned large bowl of kale to dehydrate - see photo of kale in the oven.

IMG_3527.JPG

Day 4

Sleeping well and feeling great.  I love having a variety of options always available in the fridge, including varieties of homemade balsamic/EVOO. 

B:  fried chicken, celery, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  a hamburger with W30 bbq sauce, cabbage slaw with balsamic/EVOO.

D:  leftover smoked ribs, spring mix with veggies and balsamic/EVOO.

Day 2...

Meatloaf with BBQ sauce 

Salad, avocado oil, 2 pieces of quiche

Sautéed cabbage, venison and tomato sauce, 1/2 sweet potato

Lots of water today. 

Big day tomorrow working in the garden- lots to do. 

Day 5

Sleeping great and the weird dreams continue - some are pretty laughable.  Here's how the day went:

B:  spinach, green onion and egg scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  a hamburger with bbq sauce, broccoli salad with balsamic/EVOO.

D:  fried chicken, artichoke, tomato and olive salad.

Whole 30 Gods.... please make the crazy dreams stop!  They are not even about food, which FYI I don't miss any foods.  I'm very satisfied eating this way.  I may miss alcohol while sitting by a pool, but so far, I've not sat by any pools!  Ha!

2nd day 3....

Woke at 4 am.... thanks Crazy Dreams. 

Out of bed at 6 am.  so, so much to accomplish today.  

Tea with coconut cream and MCT oil

2 eggs, small amount of meatloaf, chopped cabbage, coconut oil and bbq sauce- delicious!

1 piece of quiche, 1/4 c collards

Banana, BBQ pork, collards, 2 deviled eggs, green salad, 1/4 c nuts

Lots of water today.  I moved a lot today 11,389 steps so far.  We accomplished a lot in the garden and the yard.  

Noticeable differences from the last Whole 64 I did and this one.  I'm not mourning the scale.  It's not making me crazy to not weigh each day, I think I had naturally gotten out of the habit- it's always bad news anyway, so why seek it?  I'm not mourning alcohol.  

Please, please let me sleep the whole night without insane dreams.  

Day 6

Feeling lighter, happier and more alert.  My husband noticed the difference immediately after Day 1. Because of our schedule,  it was a 2 meal day, which will sometimes happen on Saturdays. I'm good with that. 

B/L:  a hamburger with bbq sauce, big broccoli salad with balsamic/EVOO.

D:  fajita chicken with tomatoes, onions, peppers and guac. 

Day 4, finally! 

Long drive...

Ate on the road.

Piece of quiche, nuts....too many nuts...1/2 banana

Salad with romaine, spinach, tuna with home made mayo, cukes, carrots, celery, and 1 egg and olive oil.

Lots of water 

My dreams were not nearly as crazy as they were the previous nights.  I actually got 9 hrs 58 min of sleep- thanks Fitbit!

Day 6

An overcast day made for a great afternoon to see a movie.  Ahhh the wafting smell of popcorn....but didn't give in.  Not. Worth. It.  

Second time making this amazing Gordon Ramsey "crispy salmon over warm potato salad" recipe for dinner.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD9VJ92xyzA This one isn't from the show, but Master Chef Junior has helped me become a better cook.  lol.

B:  chicken and spinach sausage, celery, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  a hamburger with bbq sauce, spring mix with balsamic/EVOO.

D:  crispy salmon over warm potato salad.

Day 8 - really.

So obviously I can't count because I had two "Day 6"s.  Back on track with numbers today.  :P  Got the smoker out again and smoked a whole chicken and 16 drumsticks.  Some of the drummies went to the in-laws and Stephen will have them for lunch each day this week.  Here's the rest of the day:

B:  chicken and spinach sausage, 1/2 cucumber, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  a hamburger with bbq sauce, spring mix with veggies and balsamic/EVOO.

D:  smoked chicken, red potatoes with lemon/balsamic/EVOO vinaigrette.

Day 5

2 eggs, 2 bacon, broccoli, snap peas 

Salad: romaine, spinach, carrots, celery, cukes, 3 egg salad with homemade mayo, olive oil, basil S&P, sautéed yellow squash in bacon grease

handful macadamia nuts and handful cashews 

1/2 plate of yellow squash, snap peas sautéed in ghee, collards, pork ribs slow cooked in BBQ sauce.  

Walked 10,654 steps 

Day 6

2.5 eggs with cabbage and 2 pieces of bacon

large salad with spinach, romaine, tuna and mayo, olives, cukes, yellow peppers, balsamic and olive oil. 

1.5 chicken thighs, Petes hot sauce, ghee, yellow squash sautéed with onions in bacon fat.  

Lots of water.

Only 5754 steps today, I sat on my butt and worked most of the day. 

Day 9

Busy work day, but missing my dad. Hard to believe it's only been 3 weeks since he passed away. Lots of tears today, but didn't resort to my stress go-to of not eating. Wasn't easy, but ate 3 whole meals.

B: spinach, mushroom and egg scrambo, coffee with coconut oil. 

L: fajita chicken with veggies and guac.

D: hamburger in spaghetti sauce over sauteed sweet potato spirals, topped with black olives.

3 hard boiled eggs with mayo, 

2 pork ribs, 1/2 yellow squash sautéed with onion in ghee

Big meal:

Appetizer: Crispy shrimp cooked in ghee, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and red pepper flakes

Cobia with a delicious chicken stock, lemon juice, capers sauce... very good, sautéed snap peas and broccoli florets, spaghetti squash.  Scrumptious meal! 

Fun day... 9135 steps so far, had a massage and dinner with good friends. I was the only person not drinking at the dinner party and I didn't care.  I don't miss it.  We ate at some friends house who we turned on to Paleo in Oct 2016.  He has lost 36 lbs and she has lost 15.  In all fairness, she doesn't have much, if any, to lose.  They both look fantastic and it was fun to cook together in their new kitchen!  

Archived