May 15 Start

MrsZimm13

Day 27...3 days to go!! 

2 poached eggs, 2 sausages

salad, grilled chicken, black olives

chicken fajitas, guacamole

been up dince 5 am, it's almost 10pm and Im driving home from the airport. I contemplated not eating dinner.... but, I'm hungry. So, I sm going to eat! 

I managed the biz trip with no issues. Usually when I fly out of Logan and I'm tight for time I buy Chowda at Legal Test Kitchen, but thats a no-go on W30... so, i bought a water and boarded the plane!  I didnt even think of nuts! What an accomplishment!  

Im glad to be almost home so I can eat the fajitas and guac I am waiting for.... 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 30

Woooohooooo!!!  Saw my doctor today and my lab work was even better than 6 months ago.  W30 has gotten me grounded again, kept me on track, focused and in control.  Feels great!

B:  beef hot dogs with mustard, celery, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  hamburger with pickles and onions, potato salad.

D:  mixed greens topped with shredded chicken and b/evoo.

15 hours ago, Jager07 said:

Day 30

Woooohooooo!!!  Saw my doctor today and my lab work was even better than 6 months ago.  W30 has gotten me grounded again, kept me on track, focused and in control.  Feels great!

Hey Girl- I am SO proud of you.  Like a parent watching their child graduate Harvard!  It was a lot of fun being in this together. 

Let's keep the communication open even though we will be doing different things. You're the bestest!!!

Day 28.... so close.... 2 more days

I slept terrible last night.  I had a VERY hard time falling asleep, so I got up and was up until 2:30 am... my mind would not stop. 

3/4 of a hamburger, 1 fish cake, and spaghetti squash

spinach with chicken salad (mayo), and potato salad (mayo). 

salad with 5 black olives olive oil and chicken 

Day 31

Officially done and decided to extend my W30 through the end of the month.  Going to start with some things from today's After Action Report:

What went well: SUSAN (best accountability partner ever), zero alcohol, didn't give it to not eating when emotionally drained (my former go-to), drank a lot of water and La Croix sparkling water, always had my own dressing with me, didn't give in to temptation (packing Stephen's lunch, having a sip of his alcohol, the food stations at the grocery store, popcorn at the theater), started going to bed earlier, started working out again, easily explained W30 without being weird.

What could have gone better:  more exercise, more veggies, trying more new recipes.

What I'll do to be better in the future:  make conscious decisions one situation at a time, limit alcohol by having a plan and sticking to it, spend more time outside, create and commit to an exercise schedule, fewer potatoes unless I work out more, try even more new recipes, catch myself slipping and do a W7 or W15 to get back on track.

Phew!  So that's a good synopsis of the last 30 days and the intent moving forward.

B:  brisket, potato and egg bits, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  a hamburger with pickles, onions and mustard, spring mix with onions and b/evoo.

D:  baked chicken breast wrapped with W30 bacon, musk melon, spoonful of almond butter.

23 hours ago, MrsZimm13 said:

Jodi- congratulations on finishing your Whole 30 like a champ!  You're an awesome partner in health! 

Thank you, Dahling and I feel like the same way.  This was OUR journey and we kept each other on track.  You ROCK!!!

1 hour ago, MrsZimm13 said:

Day 29.... 1 more day!!  Whoo hoo! 

2 eggs, cabbage, peppers, ghee

chicken salad, spinach, cucumber, avocado oil, balsamic

spaghetti squash, chicken, spinach, tomatoes

kale chips

You've SO got this!  Super proud of you for being a Whole30 warrior and rockstar!

Day 32

Spent the day on the road with Stephen - had breakfast packed and ready to go last night.  For some reason my stomach's been queasy the last couple of days and I've been tired.  Haven't changed anything from my normal W30 eating so it could just be a bug. 

B:  beef sausage, celery, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  grilled shrimp over mixed greens with tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and b/evoo.  Lunch was at a yummy seafood place we've gone to in Waco every other Thursday for the last few months.  I get the same thing every time and today the waitress asked what was in my little bottle - told her it was a sugar free dressing from home as part of my healthy eating.  Yay!...no weirdness.  :P

D:  reheated baked chicken wrapped in W30 bacon, cabbage slaw with b/evoo.

9 hours ago, Jager07 said:

Day 32

L:  grilled shrimp over mixed greens with tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and b/evoo.  Lunch was at a yummy seafood place we've gone to in Waco every other Thursday for the last few months.  I get the same thing every time and today the waitress asked what was in my little bottle - told her it was a sugar free dressing from home as part of my healthy eating.  Yay!...no weirdness.  :P

When we plan... we plan for success.  When we fail to plan we plan on failure.  Good job arming yourself with what we need to be successful.  

I"m proud of you!!!  Keep it up, girlie!  

Day 30.... I am treating myself to yoga on the lake this morning!  I've not done this class since starting my new job and I miss the people and atmosphere.  

This will be my treat to myself for making it 30 days of perfect eating!  

Day 30!!!!!  YAY!!!! 

Yoga

2 eggs, ghee

Spinach salad, chicken salad, avocado oil, balsamic, cucumber, tomatoes

Hamburger, 1/2 sausage, 1/2 grilled yellow squash, turnip greens, spinach salad, Creamy Italian Dressing from Well Fed.  (SO GOOD!!!)

1 hour ago, MrsZimm13 said:

Day 30!!!!!  YAY!!!! 

Yoga

2 eggs, ghee

Spinach salad, chicken salad, avocado oil, balsamic, cucumber, tomatoes

Hamburger, 1/2 sausage, 1/2 grilled yellow squash, turnip greens, spinach salad, Creamy Italian Dressing from Well Fed.  (SO GOOD!!!)

30 days like a BOSS, Susan!  Great job!

Day 33

Stomach is feeling much better today and I wasn't tired either.  Also went to the gym this afternoon.  Trying to get back on track with more good habits.

Still in the potato salad mode.  I've discovered that the key to awesome W30 mayo is the lemon juice.  Instead of the "from concentrate" kind I've always gotten, I switched to an Italian one with lemon oil and not from concentrate.  It's amazing.  Stephen has been totally yucked out by the previous W30 mayo because it's not Hellemann's   Tonight he ate the potato salad with W30 mayo and said it's the best he's ever had.  He's shocked and happy.  Yay!  

L:  leftover grilled shrimp over greens, veggies and b/evoo.

PWO/D:  leftover baked chicken, potato salad.

What went well- This W30 was much easier for me than my first W30.  I think it's because I knew exactly what to expect and I had an arsenal of recipes and support.  Having an accountability partner made this W30 more fun and we had one another to rely on.  We shared recipes and texted each other encouragement. I also did not travel as much for work this time- that was a huge relief.  

• I stopped drinking coffee- it's no good without cream and a sweetener anyway! I have enjoyed having Bengal tea in its place with just coconut cream.
  • I realized nuts are a binge food and they are now eliminated from my diet UNLESS they are just part of a recipe.  But I no longer buy nuts to have on hand or to eat as a snack when I travel. 
  • I realized through reading vastly on effects of sweeteners, whether it's Stevia or a sugar form, our bodies are harmed by them.  So, by by Stevia...I don't need your Insulin raising byproducts in my body any longer! 
  • I believe the last W64 I did helped cure me of my desire to weigh each day.  I had no issues with not weighing like I did last time around.  
  • I am now 100% in control of my eating
  • I like planning my meals, and W30 is really better for me when I plan a few days in advance what I will eat and start prepping the meals.  I like to cook for the week on Sunday- it takes all the pressure off of cooking and cleaning nightly.  
  • I splurged on both Well Fed cookbooks for Kindle.  I wish I had gotten the hardcover versions because there is no way to mark a page, like you can with a real book.  I like to dog ear pages to come back to.  My goal is to make every recipe in both books. 

What could have gone better-

• I could have been more consistent with exercise, but I think I did ok in this area. 
  • I didn't read the Liquid Aminos label and so on Day 3 I had some and then needed to start over.  Need to always read labels! 

What I'll do better in the future-

• When I feel myself getting out of control with food/eating, reach out Jodi and plan to start a W30.  I don't want to wait until I've already done damage i.e. gained weight to reset myself.  I need to take control of the situation. 
  • I plan on starting Bright Lines Eating and incorporating W30 principles as much as possible.  BLE eliminates sugar (all sweeteners) and flour.  

7 hours ago, Jager07 said:

Day 33

Stomach is feeling much better today and I wasn't tired either.  Also went to the gym this afternoon.  Trying to get back on track with more good habits.

Still in the potato salad mode.  I've discovered that the key to awesome W30 mayo is the lemon juice.  Instead of the "from concentrate" kind I've always gotten, I switched to an Italian one with lemon oil and not from concentrate.  It's amazing.  Stephen has been totally yucked out by the previous W30 mayo because it's not Hellemann's   Tonight he ate the potato salad with W30 mayo and said it's the best he's ever had.  He's shocked and happy.  Yay!  

L:  leftover grilled shrimp over greens, veggies and b/evoo.

PWO/D:  leftover baked chicken, potato salad.

What is the brand of the lemon juice?  I always have used real lemon, but I could stand to have some bottled lemon on hand- the nearest grocery store is like 8 miles from my home. 

2 hours ago, MrsZimm13 said:

What is the brand of the lemon juice?  I always have used real lemon, but I could stand to have some bottled lemon on hand- the nearest grocery store is like 8 miles from my home. 

It's Italia Garden and tastes just like a fresh lemon.

Day 34

A busy and hot day here.  Smoked chickens for others today and tomorrow I'm doing beef ribs and a pork shoulder for us.  Again, my new hobby is so delicious!

B:  beef sausage, coffee with coconut oil (was too full to add veggies before running out the door).

L:  pork and beef hamburger with mustard, onions, and pickles, a sliced cucumber, black olives.

D:  all grilled at restaurant:  sirloin, zucchini and asparagus, had some almond butter when we got home.

Day 35

Phew it was a hot day....almost 100 degrees!  Again, so grateful for a smoker so I don't heat the house with the stove or oven (not to mention, the meat's pretty dang good).  After 9 1/2 hours, we had beef ribs for dinner and I've got a scrumptious pork shoulder for the rest of the week.  Today was a 2 meal day like some weekend days are. 

B/L:  pork and beef burger with onions, lettuce and pickles, coffee with coconut oil.

D:  smoked beef ribs, warm potatoes with cilantro, green onions, clams and vinaigrette, celery.

Day 36

Met with a new primary doctor today who I really like and who likes the idea of W30.  Still surprises me how it seems like doctors don't quite know what W30 is.  Not a complaint, just surprised.

B:  smoked pork shoulder, musk melon, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  pork and beef hamburger with mayo, a sliced cucumber.

D:  beef sausages, a couple spoons of leftover potatoes, spring mix with b/evoo.

Archived