May 15 Start

MrsZimm13

Day 10

A much better day.  Getting recipes together to smoke salmon tomorrow and a pork shoulder Friday.  Loving Iincorporating my new hobby into W30.

B: egg and veggie scrambo, coffee with coconut oil. 

L: fajita chicken with tomatoes, onions, peppers and guac.

D: hamburger in spaghetti sauce over mushrooms and topped with black olives.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 8

Hey, Jodi- congrats on 10!!  Remember celebrate all days ending in 0!!  :)

2 eggs, 2 bacon, cabbage with onion cooked in ghee

egg salad and bell peppers

1 piece of quiche

shrimp, grouper, green beans and spaghetti squash.  cooked in ghee 

so far, 6092 steps

Day 10

Thank you, Susan!  Yay 10 days. :D  Today I also restarted a weekly 30 minute session with my trainer at the gym. Feels good to incorporate a regular workout routine into W30 again. Here's the rest...

B: chorizo, egg and veggie scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

L: smoked chicken, spring mix with balsamic/EVOO.

D: hamburger with spaghetti sauce over sweet potato noodles topped with black olives.

7, 357 steps today.

14 hours ago, Jager07 said:

Day 10

Thank you, Susan!  Yay 10 days. :D  Today I also restarted a weekly 30 minute session with my trainer at the gym. Feels good to incorporate a regular workout routine into W30 again. Here's the rest...

B: chorizo, egg and veggie scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

L: smoked chicken, spring mix with balsamic/EVOO.

D: hamburger with spaghetti sauce over sweet potato noodles topped with black olives.

7, 357 steps today.

Sweet Potato noodles!  Sounds Yummy!!

Day 9

2 eggs, 1 cup cabbage, onions sautéed in ghee.

green beans and ghee

steak, salad with olive oil and balsamic, roasted beets, carrots, onions, spaghetti squash with ghee

Lots of water

I will log my steps after I go for a walk. 

Day 12

Smoked the pork shoulder and ribs today for 8 hours.  They were incredible.  Also found out that salmon needs to cure for 24 hours before smoking - it's been in the fridge since this morning.  Here's the rest of the day:

B:  egg and veggie scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  fajita chicken with veggies and guac.

D:  smoked ribs, spring mix with balsamic/EVOO.

Shoulder and ribs 5-26-17.jpg

Hi everyone! So I am a first time whole 30er and I'm not sure exactly how the social groups go. I started May 15th as well and am just looking for some people to share and listen to thoughts with. Going strong but a community always helps when you feel weak! 

16 hours ago, Karlih55 said:

Hi everyone! So I am a first time whole 30er and I'm not sure exactly how the social groups go. I started May 15th as well and am just looking for some people to share and listen to thoughts with. Going strong but a community always helps when you feel weak! 

Welcome aboard!

Day 10... woo hoo! Happy dance I've made it to day 10!!!

2 eggs, ham, spahetti squash, carrots, cabbage, ghee

salad, 1 boiled egg, balsamic and EVOO

2 chicken/apple sausage, grilled yellow squash, 1 roma tomato

watermelon and strawberries

lots of water

8513 steps 

43 minutes ago, MrsZimm13 said:

Day 10... woo hoo! Happy dance I've made it to day 10!!!

2 eggs, ham, spahetti squash, carrots, cabbage, ghee

salad, 1 boiled egg, balsamic and EVOO

2 chicken/apple sausage, grilled yellow squash, 1 roma tomato

watermelon and strawberries

lots of water

8513 steps 

Yay Susan!  A day ending in "0" and a third of the way through.  Kudos to you!

Day 13

A hot and muggy day here, but still went for a walk with Stephen - 3 days in a row now.  Yay.  ;-)  Here's the rest of the day:

B: chicken and spinach sausage, celery, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  hamburger with spaghetti sauce over sweet potato noodles and topped with black olives.

D:  smoked pork shoulder, red potatoes with balsamic/evoo vinaigrette. 

7,039 steps.  Susan got me motivated to put my fitbit back on and work towards 10k steps.  :)

Day 11

2 scrambled eggs, hot sauce, blueberries, 5 strawberries, less than a 1/4 cup of cantaloupe

2 sausages, 1/2 yellow squash grilled, snap peas, cuke and tomato salad with EVOO and balsamic

2 eggs fried in ghee

Lots of traveling this weekend.  We also ate at a relatives house last night and spent the night at another relatives house. They offered up all sorts of non complaint foods- I ate what I could. Glad to be home and ready to sleep in my own bed tonight. 

10,525 steps so far- went Indian arrow head hunting this morning - long walk, approx 3 miles.  Very cool activity.  My husband found an arrow head- I found a white very narrow oblong egg..... very coo.  Maybe a snake egg. 

I bought a jalapeño salt at the farmers market yesterday- can't wait to try it out! 

Day 14

Almost at the halfway point.  Woohoo!  Feeling good and sleeping really well. 

B:  smoked pork shoulder, celery, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  hamburger in spaghetti sauce over butternut squash noodles topped with black olives.

D:  burnt ends (smoked boneless ribs cut into bit sized chunks), cabbage slaw with balsamic/EVOO.

Day 12

2 eggs, ham steak, 2 TBS tuna with mayo

tuna fish with mayo, 1/2 cucumber

1/2 orange, 5 blackberries, a few pork rinds

2 salmon patties w/tartar sauce, beets, broccoli with ghee

prepped food for this week:  2 batches of Mayo, BBQ sauce, potato salad (for dinner tomorrow night), tuna fish, boiled eggs for egg salad, Salmon Patties 

http://www.foodiecrush.com/how-to-make-the-best-potato-salad/

Modified by adding vinegar to the water when cooking the potatoes as well as what the recipe called for. SUPER good flavor! 

Steps so far... 9653

Both recipes look great, Susan! 

I especially like the twist on the BBQ sauce and agree that pineapple juice would make it amazing....might have to try that on one of the next smokes (probably ribs).

Day 15

Halfway!  Hard to believe because it's gone by pretty quickly.  The 30 days seem much more doable when you've got a friend and accountability partner like Susan.  :D

Got to spend the day with my sweetie and get more things organized/cleaned out.  A good day.

B/L:  hamburger with spaghetti sauce over butternut squash noodles, coffee with coconut oil.

D:  smoked pork shoulder, salad with lots of veggies and b/evoo.

Day 16

Felt pretty sleepy today.  Had a lot to do and I'm sure will sleep well tonight.  I've taken a sleeping aid for years and adjusting it for W30 is always a work in progress.

B:  mushroom, onion, spinach and egg scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  smoked chicken with BBQ sauce, broccoli and cabbage salad with b/evoo.

D:  chicken and spinach sausages, cucumber and tomato salad (tomatoes were from the garden of a friend's grandmother and were so yummy!) with b/evoo.

Day 13... my lucky number

2 eggs, ghee

2 fish cakes with tartar sauce

sausages, potato salad, salad, mustard, Whole 30 BBQ sauce

I did not get a walk in today- only 4483 steps so far, not too many more to go, I'm very tired.

Just an observation about this forum.... there do not seem to be many people involved in the forum posts.  When I did may last W30 there were pages of people posting daily! Sometimes it was difficult to find my own page to update!  Where are all the W30ers hiding?? 

Reading this https://realfarmacy.com/silent-killer-kitchen-cabinet/

Made me think about the spices I have in my pantry.  I have a TON of spices.  More than a normal home cook.  

I decided to plant and then dehydrate as many herbs as I could.  I will only be able to work in small batches, but that's ok.  

Pictures of before and after. 

IMG_3536.JPG

IMG_3537.JPG

IMG_3538.JPG

Archived