May 15 Start

MrsZimm13

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 17

I've gotten so used to smoking meats that today is the first day of W30 that I actually used my oven.  Ha!  Still a little sleepy today, but drinking a lot of water and working out felt good.

B:  smoked chicken with BBQ sauce, 1/2 cucumber, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  salmon with chipotle lime may, celery.

PWO/D:  baked tilapia with jerk seasoning, red potato salad, green beans.

I'm learning things about myself this time around.  I have known for a while that fruit is NOT a good food choice for me.  It is a sugar source.  I had not had cravings of any sort since starting W30, but this past weekend I had fruit twice.  For two days after I craved more fruit.  No more fruit for me!

Nuts are a binge food for me.  I can not have nuts without totally going overboard.  So, we no longer keep nuts in the house.

I can not think of any other foods that I have this response to.  

Day 15--- 1/2 WAY!!!

2-3 Eggs and mayo

fish cake with tartar sauce

Moroccan Meatballs, cauliflower mash, sautéed summer squash- super yummy meal.

Reading Bright Lines Eating, the Science of living Happy, Thin and Free.  Once my W30 is over, I am going to immediately transition to Bright Lines.  I needed the elimination, I am in control, now I need weight loss.  I found a plan where I will have the structure to lose the weight.   

Day 18

Got to spend the day on the road with Stephen for the first time in 2 months.  Planned ahead, prepped breakfast and brought my own salad dressing for lunch at the seafood place. 

B:  beef hot dogs with mustard, cabbage slaw, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  salad with tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, grilled shrimp and b/evoo.

D:  baked tilapia, broccoli and cauliflower salad with b/evoo.

Day 19

Went grocery shopping and then prepped for smoking this weekend - going to try an apple stuffed pork loin and a brisket.  First time for both.  Should be fun!

B:  egg, mushroom, onion scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  beef hotdogs with mustard, broccoli salad with b/evoo.

D:  hamburger with spaghetti sauce over sautéed butternut squash noodles and topped with black olives. 

Day 20

A day ending in "0"...woohoo!  Had lunch out and all of it was grilled...yummy!

B: sauteed shrimp and asparagus,  coffee with coconut oil.

L: grilled sirloin, green beans and zucchini with my own b/evoo.

D: smoked pork shoulder, sauteed red potato, salad with b/evoo.

Day 18!! I'm celebrating, because I've made it to day 18!!

2 eggs, ham steak

grilled hamburger, dang of mayo and mustard, beets, roasted veggies, ghee

Grilled hot Italian sausage, sautéed peppers and onions/avocado oil, kale and beet greens braised with pork broth, olive oil, garlic and red wine vinegar

8 hours ago, MrsZimm13 said:

Hey Jodi-

You're rocking this Whole 30!!!  Congrats on making it to 20 with no setbacks!  You're a rock star!!

WE'RE rocking this, Susan!  You're awesome and a fabulous partner in crime!  ;-)

Day 21

Three weeks already.  Wowza!  So more meat smokin' happened today....a 7lb pork loin.  Part of it for us and part to give away to family dealing with cancer.  Feels good to provide a W30 meal, knowing it's good for all of them.  Today was also a two meal day because I woke up with a terrible headache and felt like poo. 

B/L:  salmon with W30 mayo (this is the best batch yet), slice cucumbers and tomatoes with b/evoo.

D:  apple stuffed and bacon wrapped smoked pork loin, sautéed red potatoes, cabbage slaw with b/evoo.

Day 22

I actually woke up hungry this morning.  That hasn't happened much in the last week.  Reminds me to get more exercise.  ;-)

A word about jicama tortillas....they are amazeballs!  Crispy, full of watery, happy goodness.  I have a mandolin and just need to figure out how to make them. They were half off at the store so I thought to give them a whirl.  Glad I did!

B:  mushroom, onion, egg and leftover red potato scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

L:   sautéed shrimp with mango salsa and guac on jicama tortillas.

D:  salmon with spicy mayo, spring mix with veggies and b/evoo.

I've noticed especially while doing W30 that I get into zones of craving certain foods for days in a row.  Usually it's been a hamburger with pickles, onions and mustard....or ground beef with homemade spaghetti sauce over mushrooms or zoodles...or cucumbers in apple cider vinegar....or fajita chicken with sautéed peppers/onions and guac.  While my food choices seem redundant, I love having the freedom to eat these things for as many days in a row as I please, at whatever meal (usually breakfast) and still stay totally compliant.  The foods I crave are good for me.  My head and body know that.  And that feels pretty darn awesome.

p.s. today starts my potato salad craving.  :o

!!!!!!!!!!!!!Whoop Whoop Day 20!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 eggs, 2 pieces bacon, broccoli, ghee

banana, spinach salad with tuna, avocado oil, balsamic seasonings

pork chop, carrots with ghee and tarragon, spinach salad

I know I've lost weight.  Pants that were too tight are now fitting better.  My husband has told me twice how good I'm looking... that's always nice.  :wub:

Steps today 6784

Yoga- I need to do this more consistently.  

3 hours ago, Jager07 said:

I've noticed especially while doing W30 that I get into zones of craving certain foods for days in a row.  Usually it's been a hamburger with pickles, onions and mustard....or ground beef with homemade spaghetti sauce over mushrooms or zoodles...or cucumbers in apple cider vinegar....or fajita chicken with sautéed peppers/onions and guac.  While my food choices seem redundant, I love having the freedom to eat these things for as many days in a row as I please, at whatever meal (usually breakfast) and still stay totally compliant.  The foods I crave are good for me.  My head and body know that.  And that feels pretty darn awesome.

p.s. today starts my potato salad craving.  :o

Hello my friend!  This is so good!  It's great to crave healthy food.  It takes so good!  :P

You are so close to the end of your W30- I'm so proud of you.  You always give it your all.  

1 hour ago, MrsZimm13 said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!Whoop Whoop Day 20!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 eggs, 2 pieces bacon, broccoli, ghee

banana, spinach salad with tuna, avocado oil, balsamic seasonings

pork chop, carrots with ghee and tarragon, spinach salad

I know I've lost weight.  Pants that were too tight are now fitting better.  My husband has told me twice how good I'm looking... that's always nice.  :wub:

Steps today 6784

Yoga- I need to do this more consistently.  

YOU.  ARE.  AWESOME!!!!

Archived