TMI: Constipation

I'm on day 17. One of the food issues that led me to the program is that I've always struggled with bm irregularity with frequent constipation and bloating as one of my main concerns. I've been very regular for the first half but in the last 3 days I've been constipated and I have no idea why. I know that hormonal changes can cause some constipation right after your period but even that was fine. Now I'm about in the middle of my cycle and, nothing. I've been eating different variations of the same things, compliant meats, lots of veggies, some nuts, a little bit of fruit. I've seen plenty of positive changes, waist looks smaller, skin is clearer, better energy, but I know that it's healthy to poop everyday and I'm not sure why it isn't happening. 

I haven't been tracking exactly how much water I've been drinking. I'll start paying more attention but I've definitely been drinking more than I usually do. No supplements, and as far as activity, I've been more active than usual, and much more active than the beginning of the program when I was exhausted all the time. I've been biking every other day for the last week and I'm a waitress so I walk a lot at work. 

We'd recommend you drink a half an ounce of water per pound of body fat daily - if you're not hitting that it could be linked. Magnesium would help moves things along, as well as helping with sleep so it might be beneficial to start adding a supplement in.

What sorts of fats are you eating? And how much?

I eat an avacodo most every day. I cook with lots of fats, olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, animal fats. I have about 1/2 handful of cashews per day. I've been using a dressing I made with coconut milk. I drink some almond milk, maybe 1/2 cup per day. I also put a tablespoon of gelatin in my coffee everyday, although not sure if that counts as a fat or a protein. 

7 minutes ago, Heathermarie74 said:

I have about 1/2 handful of cashews per day. 

I drink some almond milk, maybe 1/2 cup per day.

I ditch the nuts & nut milk. We'd actually recommend that you don't drink nut milk outside of using it to whiten tea/coffee.

23 hours ago, Heathermarie74 said:

Ok. I will cut back on the nuts and nutmilk (even though I love almond milk) and I will be sure to up my water intake. Thanks!

Last week, I made myself a batch of homemade almond milk for my coffee, and was having salad with walnuts for lunch every day. For like 3 days, I was so bloated that I looked more pregnant than my 5 months along sister...stopped having almond milk in my coffee and ditched the salad walnuts and everything was back to normal for me in 2 days. Not saying that the same exact thing will happen to you, but I always find it useful to hear how other people react to certain things. So sad, I LOVE nuts and nut butters :( 

Archived