sensory processing disorder and gum

JaeHop

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JaeHop said:

Unfortunately I don't think that would meet the therapeutic purpose of the gum chewing. 

If the idea is the actual chewing motion of gum, the I don't think there are any good options that would be Whole30 approved but you can consider this a Doctor's Orders situation and go ahead.  You may want to try and find the best most natural gum you can find, but for the actual chewing, there aren't really other options.  If you just need something in your mouth, how about a cherry pit or something?

48 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

If the idea is the actual chewing motion of gum, the I don't think there are any good options that would be Whole30 approved but you can consider this a Doctor's Orders situation and go ahead.  You may want to try and find the best most natural gum you can find, but for the actual chewing, there aren't really other options.  If you just need something in your mouth, how about a cherry pit or something?

Thank you for your feedback. :)

It has something to do with my ears and balance. I know I can consider it Drs. orders but I'd really prefer not to, so I thought I'd ask.

I mostly only absolutely need it to drive a car, so perhaps if I made sure I was only using it in those circumstances that would be okay with me. Idk. I was hoping someone would have a nifty alternative.  Maybe chewing silly putty.  (Lol!)

Tree Resin.  The inner pine bark can be eaten raw or roasted over a fire. Pine resin can be chewed like gum. Native Americans chewed it for anti-bacterial properties and joint pain.

I don't know if you want to go out into the piney woods peel the bark off of pine trees.  :D I have no problem eating pine cones, dirt, grass clippings and old tennis shoes. You choose, you decide.

Archived