Post-Whole30 - Cholesterol levels have improved!

Lisa K.

I've had high cholesterol for years now (my dad has it too). I was so excited to see the results! Even though my HDL decreased a tiny bit my LDL dropped significantly! My triglyceride and VLDL levels have increased - need to see about lowering them but otherwise I'm happy!

July 2012

Cholesterol/HDL Cholesterol PLASMA 3.2

HDL Cholesterol PLASMA 78 mg/dL

LDL Cholesterol PLASMA 146 (H) mg/dL

Cholesterol PLASMA 249 (H) < i> mg/dL

Triglyceride PLASMA 127 mg/dL

VLDL Cholesterol PLASMA 25 mg/dL

December 2012

Cholesterol/HDL Cholesterol PLASMA 3.0

HDL Cholesterol PLASMA 75 mg/dL

LDL Cholesterol PLASMA 115 (H) mg/dL

Cholesterol PLASMA 224 (H) < i> mg/dL

Triglyceride PLASMA 171 (H) mg/dL

VLDL Cholesterol PLASMA 34 mg/dL

• Moderators

My triglycerides dropped rather dramatically after I started eating the Whole30 way. It is curious that yours remain high. That is well worth investigating.

The consensus of conventional medicine is that cholesterol is bad and you should drive your levels lower. Unfortunately, that is a result of drug company marketing gone wild. I do work with a doctor to manage my cholesterol, but I rejected the most common drug offered - statins - and changed doctors to escape unquestioningly conventional thinking. Most doctors would say my cholesterol is too high now, but my new doctor is satisfied with my current levels.

One MD blogger that I follow is Dr. Briffa at http://www.drbriffa.com/blog/. He routinely publishes interesting material about cholesterol.

Archived