Happy 2013

Coffeeandshoes

I'm very excited about doing the Whole30 2013 starting January 1.

This will be my 3rd. Last year was amazing and It taught me to be stronger in myself and my food choices. I think each cycle becomes easier.

This year, I intend to have NO slipups. No cheats no extras of any kind.

I'm tapering starting this last week, getting ready for the New Year and making healthy holiday choices.

The thing that excites me the most? The "why didn't I think of that"? Is Having some extra meals prepared for those "oh I have no time" moments. I'm going to have some jerky/veggies with me at all times for emergencies and have pre cooked meals in the freezer for those emergencies.

I only know about three people who don't think I'm crazy for this. But guess what? me and those three people are healthier/happier and more energetic than all the people who think I'm crazy. ;)

Congrats on the no slips no cheats...I truly respect the people that do 100% compliance and the people that start over when they slip...so you already have my full attention and kudos! I am totally rooting for ya and I will be there with you too! I am smack in the middle of a Whole30 right now (Day 15 y'all and 100% compliant!) and I am actually doing a Whole60 because my good friend is starting on January 1st and I am nothing but there for her!

Susan...I am LOVING your motto...so good!

Congrats on the no slips no cheats...I truly respect the people that do 100% compliance and the people that start over when they slip...so you already have my full attention and kudos! I am totally rooting for ya and I will be there with you too! I am smack in the middle of a Whole30 right now (Day 15 y'all and 100% compliant!) and I am actually doing a Whole60 because my good friend is starting on January 1st and I am nothing but there for her!

Susan...I am LOVING your motto...so good!

Mjam..I love it too. It was a common saying on another food forum I was involved with. :)

This will be my first Whole30, I am terrified but excited. I was telling my other half today that I am already putting back cash for my January food budget. I like the idea of already pre-planning out meals now and having them grab and go. I have warned my friends I may bit of a hermit next month as I don't want the temptation of a drink. I can do this for me. I will do this for me. I am ready.

I'm in - doing a second Whole30 right now and taking a break between Christmas and New Year's, then starting up again. Probably Jan. 2 here, since Jan. 1 is a big holiday where I live and there are some holiday foods I want to enjoy.

I am in.

Today is day 8 for me, so I have a head start. If I can make it through Christmas and New Years, I can make it through anything.

I am feeling good so far, but have experienced some shifts in sleep, appetite, workouts. I am reading Gary Taubes' book, too. Motivating.

Starting 1-1-13!! Have been grain-free and 98% sugar free for the past 6 months with amazing results. Looking forward to the W30 and eliminating a few other things that I'm pretty sure are giving me troubles. Will be interesting to see if that's confirmed. Good Luck everyone else who is just starting!! :)

I'm starting on January 1st as well! I ordered the book last night and I'm familarizing myself with the ins and outs of the plan. I'm nervous as I love, love, love to cook and bake! It's going to completey change the way I look at food.

I bought the book yesterday. I was going to just use the website but decided I needed the extra info. Plus I like highlighting and jotting notes in books.

I'll be starting my first Whole30 on Jan. 7. I'm both excited and terrified at the same time. I'm excited to see how my body reacts to the change, and I'm terrified as I have no experience 'cutting' anything out of my diet - ever. This weekend will be 'clean out the pantry' weekend and next will be 'cook like mad' weekend.

I'm in for my second whole 30 starting Jan 1. I did my last one in September. I felt great and have a much better appreciation for how off plan foods affect me. I did pretty well riding my own bike until Christmas. Lets just say that I need to hit the reset button! I also plan to make exercise a much bigger priority this time through.

For those of you new to this, I highly recommend signing up for the daily emails. They are fun and very motivating. Here's to a fantastic 2013!

Archived