Reintroduction starting with Sugar?

whole30calgary

I am on Day 30 of my Whole30 and really looking forward to figuring out my migraine triggers through my reintroduction.

I have a feeling sugar is a culprit (perhaps one of a few) and would like to reintroduce that first. Can you look over my timeline and tell me what you think?

I also am thinking of just reintroducing the things I really like/miss - like if I don't miss black beans, just leave them out? 

Day 1 - reintroduction of sugar - Breakfast - honey in coffee, Lunch - brown sugar on sautéed apples, Dinner - maple syrup in paleo almond butter cup treat

Day 2 - Whole 30

day 3 - Whole 30

Day 4 - Legumes reintroduction - Breakfast- PB with apples, Lunch - hummus, Dinner - lentils (other ideas - soy, tofu)

Day 5 - Whole30

Day 6 - Whole30

Day 7 - Dairy - Breakfast - plain greek yogurt, Lunch - cheese with salad, Dinner - butter on steamed veggies (other ideas - ice cream, cottage cheese)

Day 8 - Whole30

Day 9 - Whole30

Day 10 - Non-Gluten Grains - Breakfast - oats, Lunch - rice, Dinner - quinoa (other ideas: gluten free bread, corn chips)

Day 11/12 - Whole30

Day 13 - Gluten Grains - Breakfast - banana bread (unsweetened), Lunch - pasta, Dinner - baguette

Day 14/15 - Whole30

Day 16 - Alcohol - drink with dinner :) And maybe some baileys in my coffee since it's a weekend? Ha ha!

I am already feeling tapped out with all the cooking and dishes - any words of encouragement to keep going during this important phase?

• Moderators

These look fine, assuming they're accompanying other foods since they wouldn't be meals on their own. If you do try some of your alternates, like ice cream or gluten-free bread, be sure you read ingredients and are only getting the stuff you want to reintroduce and not random soy or peas or things.

Hang in there and do the reintroductions. It really is important to learn how foods affect you, so that you can use that information to figure out whether they are really worth it to you to eat going forward.

3 hours ago, whole30calgary said:

I am already feeling tapped out with all the cooking and dishes - any words of encouragement to keep going during this important phase?

Think of all the efforts you make during W30 as something your future self will thank you for!

• 3 months later...

Hi!  I'm on Day 23 of a Lenten Whole30 and just mentally getting ready to reintroduce next week.  I may take the longer approach instead of 10 days but to tag on to this question, I'm really missing the one teaspoon of brown sugar in my coffee.  Should I reintroduce that on Day 1 alone and then move to Day 4 Legumes? Or, should i try the regular almond milk that has cane sugar instead?  I really don't drink more than one cup of coffee with milk a day so I was hoping this wasn't too damaging since starting off slow.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, ndelarosa said:

Hi!  I'm on Day 23 of a Lenten Whole30 and just mentally getting ready to reintroduce next week.  I may take the longer approach instead of 10 days but to tag on to this question, I'm really missing the one teaspoon of brown sugar in my coffee.  Should I reintroduce that on Day 1 alone and then move to Day 4 Legumes? Or, should i try the regular almond milk that has cane sugar instead?  I really don't drink more than one cup of coffee with milk a day so I was hoping this wasn't too damaging since starting off slow.

Brown sugar vs almond milk w/ cane sugar: reintroduce the one you probably want to use the most often.  

Archived