Blue apron

Cjasper

I am starting my whole 30 Jan 7. I just noticed blue apron is providing whole 30 compliant meals for a limited time. It looks like there will only be one offering per week though. Does anyone know if that's true? If so it wouldn't really make sense 

thanks

I am also interested in possibly checking this out. I've enjoyed Blue Apron in the past (not while I was on Whole30). I went on the website the other day and had a hard time finding the Whole30 selections ... is that just me? I might have to call them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing the Whole30 Blue Aprons (they are what motivated me to give the regiment a second try) and they are great! There are only 2 compliant options per week so I signed up for a second account to double my supply; even so it doesn't put much of a dent in my weekly menu... For me, meal planning and prep and grocery shopping are the challenging part of the diet so meal kits and grocery delivery services are my saving grace. If it would be helpful I can link to the Whole30 recipes they've done so far.

I picked one of the Whole 30 meals for my box earlier this month.  Flavor was fine, but I think if they keep it up they'll need to work on making things a little more interesting - meat and veg + spice packet isn't necessarily worth ordering from someplace like Blue Apron.  I'm planning to order the meals at the end of February - we'll see how it goes!

@Toralora, I totally agree. I got 3 weeks worth of the Whole30 meals, and really only enjoyed 2 of them. The rest of the meals were only "ok." I'm also a batch prepper, and usually spend a couple hours of my Sundays getting some stuff ready for the work week, so that my kitchen time is minimal on weeknights when I'm tired & hangry after a long day. Blue Apron just didn't do it for me. I also like to have enough leftovers from dinner to feed myself & my partner for at least one meal the following day, and we never had leftovers, so I still had to cook more! I think it's a great solution for some people, and it was nice to have some new dishes to try, to keep our Whole30 fresh, but it's not something I see myself using long-term.

I agree! A few of the meals were good and introduced me to new (to me) ingredients, but some were totally boring, especially this week -- roasted half chicken with veg and baked cod over tomato sauce -- two recipes that I will just throw away once they're made because they don't even require a recipe. I will say that I liked not having to think about four meals for the week during my January Whole30 (I'm single, so I'd get a dinner and next day's lunch out of each meal). Now that my Whole30 is officially over, I may switch to Sun Basket's paleo plan which are close to Whole30 anyway.

Archived