Hitting my sweet needs with Kombucha

BetweenPenandthePins

I know GT kombucha is compliant which I am so thankful for; however, I’m wondering if I shouldn’t drink it anymore. I was never a candy/sweet eater, but I certainly enjoyed the sweet taste of sugar coffee or the fruits in my diet. If I find that I’m craving something sweet, I drink kombucha or reach for a piece of fruit. I don’t go over board. One drink/piece of fruit is simply enough to kick that craving for the taste of something sweet with a meal. With this in mind, I’m concerned that this habit is only reinforcing my desire for some form of sugar throughout the day (even if it’s compliant, like a piece of fruit). I’m on day 4. Should I eliminate anything “sweet” for a while?

• Administrators

You are 100% correct that it's reinforcing your sweet cravings. If that's how you're using fruit and kombucha, good for you for recognizing it and yes, I would put it aside.

For the fruit if you really want it, try putting some chopped apple in your salad, pineapple with chicken etc. Make the fruit part of your meal.

4 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

You are 100% correct that it's reinforcing your sweet cravings. If that's how you're using fruit and kombucha, good for you for recognizing it and yes, I would put it aside.

For the fruit if you really want it, try putting some chopped apple in your salad, pineapple with chicken etc. Make the fruit part of your meal.

Thank you!! Does this mean I need to start over despite not eating anything against the rules?

Archived