Starting my first Whole30 on January 22nd!

DRA1023

I am very excited (and nervous) to tackle my Whole30. For the past two weeks I've been finding recipes, making notes, and planning! I'm doing this to kick my "sugar/ carb dragon!"

Starting this on my very last semester of college to kick my ass into gear to get healthy.. and happy!

First timer starting on January 22nd too!! I’m ready to make a life change!! I have major wedding festivities for a good friend this year, and in November I’m turning 30. I want to bring in this new chapter of my life with my best self. I know I have so much to learn and so far to go, but it’s awesome to find at least 2 people who are starting this journey at the same time as me! :) Good luck!! We’ve got this!!

Hi, don't get too overwhelmed. I am doing this for the third time, and yes, I have days when I feel all I do is shop, cook and clean up! But this will smooth out. I promise. What is exciting is that what used to be really hard, like planning dinner at breakfast, is now easypeasy!!

As a homeschool mom of two boys, I already spend my whole life cooking and cleaning up!  We're one day 3 here.  My husband decided to join me, which is awesome, but he's cheating and weighing himself.  He's lost 4 pounds already!!!  Now I won't weigh myself for sure until the end, because I know I can't compete with that.  So far, everything we've had to eat has been really good, just not satisfying in the way bread is.  Or cake. Or cookies.  Sticking to it, but sure do miss my bread.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mrs Tyrrell said:

So far, everything we've had to eat has been really good, just not satisfying in the way bread is.  Or cake. Or cookies.  Sticking to it, but sure do miss my bread.

Be sure you're adding fat to your meals. In general pick one or two options from the meal template in addition to any oil you cook in. 

Also, remember that it is okay to have starchy vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, beets, turnips, rutabagas, butternut or acorn or other winter squashes. Most people do well with a fist-sized serving at one meal a day, but people who are very active, who are prone to depression or anxiety, or women who are nursing, pregnant, or in the week or so leading up to their period often need more. 

5 minutes ago, chrisg16 said:

Also on Day 3 of my second whole 30.  Craving crunch.

You shouldn't depend on nuts or seeds as your main fat source, but you can occasionally add them for a little crunch. For instance, add pecans or walnuts in a chicken salad, make something like these green beans, or just top your food with your favorite toasted nuts. 

Commercially prepared chips are out, but you could make your own kale chips or zucchini chips or really chips from whatever vegetable you like by baking them in the oven -- google for instructions and just be sure you use compliant seasonings and oils.

Archived