Start Date February 1st

LaborRN

Hi,

I plan on starting Whole30 on February 1st. I am a new momma to a 3 month old baby boy. I am also a nurse in a busy Labor and Delivery unit! Looking to become healthy not only for myself but for him to learn healthy lifestyle in eating and exercise.

I am new to Whole30 and looking for an accountability group that would start the same day! If anyone is interested in teaming up for success let me know!!

Hi All, 

I’m planning on starting my W30 journey Feb 5th. I’m super excited and nervous (TBH) about the program but I’m definitely up for the challenge! I’m 32, married with two children. My husband will be joining me for support as well. We are both active duty military and although I wouldn’t say we have any major health issues; we want to do this to improve our eating habits. In the last 4 years I went from being at my all time fit to gaining roughly 35 lbs (15lbs from my pregnancy alone) but the extra weight has been due to really poor eating choices. Although I’m still considered to be within the normal range for my age group, I feel less energetic and overall unhappy with the way I feel. So this choice for me is not just about the weight because I know I can workout and loose it but it’s more about a continuous healthy lifestyle for me and my family. 

I am starting Feb. 1 also. I'd love to team up here with others starting. I have been trying to find a friend/family member to join me, but no one is interested :( In fact, I have a feeling I am going to have people trying to tempt me/sabotage my efforts. I'm starting to feel irritable about it already - seems overwhelming right now even though a few days ago I was really excited to start. I made a meal plan/shopping list this weekend so tomorrow evening I'll be heading to the grocery store. 

15 hours ago, Charlene33 said:

I am starting Feb. 1 also. I'd love to team up here with others starting. I have been trying to find a friend/family member to join me, but no one is interested :( In fact, I have a feeling I am going to have people trying to tempt me/sabotage my efforts. I'm starting to feel irritable about it already - seems overwhelming right now even though a few days ago I was really excited to start. I made a meal plan/shopping list this weekend so tomorrow evening I'll be heading to the grocery store. 

I'm sorry you're not getting in real life support! And the fact that someone would try to sabotage? That's horrible!!! Please come here and we'll be your cheerleaders! You can do it! Planning, planning, planning is what I recommend to stay on top of things and be successful.

On January 28, 2018 at 9:17 PM, Charlene33 said:

Hi Charlene,

Hope your feeling better:).  Hopefully no one sabotages your effort and if anything just rely on others here to support you.  How did your shopping experience go? Was it hard finding items? I already have my plan for my first week and plan on going shopping this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to find everything I need, but I know that instead of just going to one location i will be having to shop around a little to find things on my list.

Hello Everyone!

I am starting February 1, and this will be my second Whole30.  I am 47, married with 3 children ages 25, 23 and 15.  I work full time for a non-profit and i'm the team representative for my daughter's cheerleading and track teams.  I am currently overweight, and have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, so I am motivated to eat healthier and get fit.  I completed my first Whole30 in May of 2016 and I felt AMAZING! I continued to do well with my good habits for a little over a year and then I started to slide further away from healthy eating, so I'm here to gain what I lost and go further with my goals of fitness and healthy eating.  I plan on going further than 30 days and making this a lifestyle change for me. :)

Ellen

Hi Everyone! 

I am so excited you are all embarking on this amazing and wonderful journey that is Whole30!

I am on day 30 of my first successful Whole30 but I am turning my W30 into a W60 so I will be starting the second half of my adventure tomorrow (Feb. 1) as well. I realize I will not be experiencing the withdrawal phase with you all but I want to come along side and encourage you as best as I can! I had a few people on these forums encouraging me along my W30 and I want to be sure that I am doing the same for others (a pay-it-forward type concept). 

I am single and live alone so I didn't not have the added challenge of little munchkins around but trying to cook with cats isn't always a piece of cake, so I can almost imagine the added challenge your cherubs will bring! If you're curious about my struggles and successes I did start a thread in the "Your Whole30 Log" section of the community forum titled Cera - January 2018 that you are free to check out. 

I didn't follow the rule of not stepping on the scale like I should have so I am following that rule this second 30 days. I learned googling recipes is super easy, if anything the number of options is overwhelming! I want to try it all!

I have a few suggestions that were helpful for me along my journey that I want to share with you! First reading any of the Whole30 books if you can, they are helpful. Second, get the Whole30 Day-by-Day book....super helpful! If you can't get the book though, I think, it's defintely a great idea to journal how you are feeling...seriously a great outlet! Third, download, print and create your own tear-away calendar using Melissa's hand written notes found at this link https://whole30.com/daybyday-preorder/, I have many of them taped around my computer monitor at work so I can reference them anytime I need a little emotional boost, a confidence builder or encouragement! Fourth, read other posts on the forum, read through other people's questions, struggles, successes and then post about yours, either on this thread or other threads that maybe feel more appropriate for what you are looking for or needing! Fifth, have fun learning new ways to cook, trying new foods and switching up your recipes, if you get to the end using the same five recipes on repeat you will be burnt out on them and you won't have an arsenal to help you continue your new healthy eating style when you finish. 

I am in no way an all knowing source of W30 information but I want to come beside you all and encourage you and I will do my best to give advice or help when I can!

Cera

On 1/29/2018 at 12:35 PM, KalinaM said:

I'm sorry you're not getting in real life support! And the fact that someone would try to sabotage? That's horrible!!! Please come here and we'll be your cheerleaders! You can do it! Planning, planning, planning is what I recommend to stay on top of things and be successful.

Thank you. I don't think it will be outright malicious sabotage, just more like - "a little sugar won't hurt you" (maybe not but I won't really know until I cut it out and reintroduce it, right?) or "why can't you eat that?" (I don't know - I didn't read all of the science in the first book).  I have been planning, so even though I am a little worried, I am excited to start!  

On 1/30/2018 at 4:58 PM, WJStar said:

Hi Charlene,

Hope your feeling better:).  Hopefully no one sabotages your effort and if anything just rely on others here to support you.  How did your shopping experience go? Was it hard finding items? I already have my plan for my first week and plan on going shopping this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to find everything I need, but I know that instead of just going to one location i will be having to shop around a little to find things on my list.

Thanks.  Shopping - whew!! - it took me an hour and a half and I spent $200. Normally it takes me about 30 minutes and I spend about $100.  But I bought a few staples which will last longer than a week, and we won't be eating out much so just with that factor I should save money overall. I didn't find some things on my list (coconut aminos -  what is that?) but I think it will be okay without them. I do live in a very small town and I was shopping at my local grocery store, so there's that challenge. Whole foods or any store like that is an hour away. Maybe I will go there this weekend. I do have a subscription to  Plan to Eat, which I love, and that helps me a lot with planning meals and making my grocery list.  Good luck with your shopping!

9 hours ago, cr89 said:

Hi Everyone! 

I am so excited you are all embarking on this amazing and wonderful journey that is Whole30!

I am on day 30 of my first successful Whole30 but I am turning my W30 into a W60 so I will be starting the second half of my adventure tomorrow (Feb. 1) as well. I realize I will not be experiencing the withdrawal phase with you all but I want to come along side and encourage you as best as I can! I had a few people on these forums encouraging me along my W30 and I want to be sure that I am doing the same for others (a pay-it-forward type concept). 

I am single and live alone so I didn't not have the added challenge of little munchkins around but trying to cook with cats isn't always a piece of cake, so I can almost imagine the added challenge your cherubs will bring! If you're curious about my struggles and successes I did start a thread in the "Your Whole30 Log" section of the community forum titled Cera - January 2018 that you are free to check out. 

I didn't follow the rule of not stepping on the scale like I should have so I am following that rule this second 30 days. I learned googling recipes is super easy, if anything the number of options is overwhelming! I want to try it all!

I have a few suggestions that were helpful for me along my journey that I want to share with you! First reading any of the Whole30 books if you can, they are helpful. Second, get the Whole30 Day-by-Day book....super helpful! If you can't get the book though, I think, it's defintely a great idea to journal how you are feeling...seriously a great outlet! Third, download, print and create your own tear-away calendar using Melissa's hand written notes found at this link https://whole30.com/daybyday-preorder/, I have many of them taped around my computer monitor at work so I can reference them anytime I need a little emotional boost, a confidence builder or encouragement! Fourth, read other posts on the forum, read through other people's questions, struggles, successes and then post about yours, either on this thread or other threads that maybe feel more appropriate for what you are looking for or needing! Fifth, have fun learning new ways to cook, trying new foods and switching up your recipes, if you get to the end using the same five recipes on repeat you will be burnt out on them and you won't have an arsenal to help you continue your new healthy eating style when you finish. 

I am in no way an all knowing source of W30 information but I want to come beside you all and encourage you and I will do my best to give advice or help when I can!

Cera

9 hours ago, cr89 said:

Hi Everyone! 

Cera

Those hand written notes are awesome! I just printed them. Thank you so much for the suggestion - I had not seen those. 

Thanks Charlene for your feedback on your shopping experience. I live in Virginia so I have quite a bit of Big box grocery stores to choose from but I feel a bit overwhelmed by it all. Just like you I  usually go and spend maybe 45 mins bcuz I go to the same place and know exactly the layout and can navigate pretty quick even with my two kids with me that usually slows me down then when I’m on my own. I plan on going tomorrow to just get an idea of a couple of places and just compare notes on items I need and prices to see what’s best. I actually ordered a few things through the Thrive Market website since they do have Whole30 approved items and the prices seemed pretty reasonable. Hope to hear soon how the next few days go.

Hi Cera! 

Thanks for all your advice, I purchased the 30 day by day log book and plan on using to track my daily progress. I also plan on making it longer then 30 days to solidify these new habits and make them a life time change before I start to slowly reintroduce some of those items.

It is beyond time I jump on the whole 30 wagon again.  Life keeps hitting me hard and I need structure and support in my life.  I didn't prepare but I will make sure I get this right.  I am afraid if I don't post and don't commit, I will never start. 

@cr89 Oh my gosh!  I could have practically written that post myself!  I decided to extend my second Whole30 to 60 or 67 days. 

Your advice is golden.  I loved having the day-by-day book for this round!  It's Day 1 for everybody else here, so good luck!  We can do this!

On 1/31/2018 at 7:41 PM, Charlene33 said:

Thank you. I don't think it will be outright malicious sabotage, just more like - "a little sugar won't hurt you" (maybe not but I won't really know until I cut it out and reintroduce it, right?) or "why can't you eat that?" (I don't know - I didn't read all of the science in the first book).  I have been planning, so even though I am a little worried, I am excited to start!  

My first time around.... when people starting prying too much, like... "Well, why CAN'T you? What's the harm?" I'd retort back with a 100% truthful answer that got them to shut up and stop asking questions... "Because, I am sick of having diarrhea multiple times a day and I'm hoping that by giving my guts a chance to heal, I can find out what's bothering my digestion." (Mentioning diarrhea always gets people to back down ;) )But it's true!! And I've learned soy is NOT my friend.... and unfortunately found in lots of things.....

On 1/30/2018 at 9:00 PM, EllenLynn said:

Hello Everyone!

I am starting February 1, and this will be my second Whole30.  I am 47, married with 3 children ages 25, 23 and 15.  I work full time for a non-profit and i'm the team representative for my daughter's cheerleading and track teams.  I am currently overweight, and have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, so I am motivated to eat healthier and get fit.  I completed my first Whole30 in May of 2016 and I felt AMAZING! I continued to do well with my good habits for a little over a year and then I started to slide further away from healthy eating, so I'm here to gain what I lost and go further with my goals of fitness and healthy eating.  I plan on going further than 30 days and making this a lifestyle change for me. :)

Ellen

Hello, 

I started February 1 as well. I did my first Whole30 in 2016 and kept my healthy eating habits for a year. I work full time and have two boys and have fallen back into some bad eating habits. I've gained some weight back and all of the symptoms those bad food choices can create. This is truly a lifestyle change that I too want to stick to! It just plain works! Good luck - you can do it!! 

Made it through 2 days.    Ate almond butter both days.  I know we are supposed to limit nuts, nut, butters, fruit so I need to watch this.   Experiencing a battle in my brain - desire to drop weight vs.  no need to drop weight.  This all has to do with control issues - feeling like I have no control over anything in life. 

How is everyone doing? 

Hi, I started 2/1 as well. Just hoping to figure out some skin related issues (rashes & acne) that I think are tied to either dairy or grains.  I've done W30 before and know I'm in the early "this is great!" phase.  In about 2 days, I'll be struggling (based on past experience).  But, so far so good.    The biggest shift is eating hearty breakfast but I am full then until lunch which is such a nice change.  Also, not eating before bed is a big challenge.   Eating dinner and then that's it for the night is a shift for sure.  It's more the patterns that are challenging for me, not so much the food choices if that makes sense.  

Hi guys! 

I am am planning on starting my second Whole30 tomorrow. I actually just completed my first whole30 in January (1st - 31st) but did not totally make it to the end. I went off into the deep end the past 6 days and I feel so terrible & yuck!!  So getting back into whole30 to slay my sugar dragon and feel better about myself and my life. 

How is is everyone doing? 

@Lauren Mudryk I am so worried about spiraling out of control that I am extending my Whole30 to a Whole60! I started back on January 2nd...I had a couple non-compliant food Feb. 1, 2, 3 (a bite of something each day) but I am back on full force, totally compliant now. I even had a "nightmare" about eating one non-compliant food and then spiraling into a binge of everything sugary/greasy/fatty/salty/unhealthy and doubled in my size! Haha! It was a bit terrifying! I am going to slowly learn to allow myself moments of enjoyment of foods that are non-compliant but live most my life in compliance. I am aiming for 90% compliance and 10% (or less) of non-compliance. It's helpful that my mom and sister started their first Whole30 yesterday so I am coming alongside them to support them and I want to lead by example! 

@AB_MN My Whole30 virtually eliminated all my acne! For the first time in at least 6 months, I didn't break out in painful cystic pimples! Healthy skin feels so great! I feel like cutting out the dairy is what really helped with my acne. I have heard/read that cow's milk increases testosterone/androgen in the body leading to more and worse acne! Yuck! And I loved drinking milk before my Whole30! Not anymore!        

@Laurie Hang in there! :) I feel more in control doing Whole30 with all the prepping and planning! I struggle with limiting the almond butter too! I usually have an apple and serving of almond butter everyday but I don't really eat much else for fruit (occasionally some fresh pineapple with lunch), plus it's one of the easiest snacks to have on hand for when I can't make it to the next meal! 

Archived