Satiety with compliant vs. non-compliant meals.

Given what the Hartwigs say about certain foods being "antinutrients," does this possibly mean that, say, X amount of tuna in a lettuce wrap might actually be more filling than the same amount of tuna between two slices of bread?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
17 minutes ago, Beanette said:

Apparently wheat gives hunger.

??  Do you mean that filling up on bread products causes you to be hungry sooner than if you ate protein fat and veggies?  That stands to reason as bread products are a fast digesting empty carbohydrate that is not going to give you long lasting satiety.

Satiety can be tricky to pin down.  Some people associate the feeling of a full stomach with being satiated, and when going to a W30 or paleo-type eating plan it can seem like one is less sated or hungry when really it's just because there is less bulk due to lack of bread, legumes, rice, etc.  

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, kirkor said:

Satiety can be tricky to pin down.  Some people associate the feeling of a full stomach with being satiated, and when going to a W30 or paleo-type eating plan it can seem like one is less sated or hungry when really it's just because there is less bulk due to lack of bread, legumes, rice, etc.  

I think that's what a lot of people refer to on Whole30 regarding being full but not having the feelings of  'gross' or 'overstuffed'. I remember when I first stopped eating bagels (may they rest in peace), I found that I could eat a full meal of w30 style food without that gross 'roll me through the door' feeling.

Archived