Whole30 in Ireland

SusanHP

Hello!

Newbie here...R1D16! :)  

So...I will be traveling to Ireland soon with a group.  I am hoping to continue Whole30 while on vacation.

Would anyone have any tips as to how to order in restaurants?  Or, for those times that we have meals on our own...ways to shop local to eat Whole30?  

I appreciate any feedback!!

On 3/31/2018 at 4:51 PM, SusanHP said:

Hello!

Newbie here...R1D16! :)  

So...I will be traveling to Ireland soon with a group.  I am hoping to continue Whole30 while on vacation.

Would anyone have any tips as to how to order in restaurants?  Or, for those times that we have meals on our own...ways to shop local to eat Whole30?  

I appreciate any feedback!!

I'm so glad you asked this question. I'm going to be in Ireland this summer for an intense bike tour, and I am planning on staying Whole 30 the whole time I'm there. I'm curious to see what people say. Good luck!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, sanjosebarbie said:

I'm so glad you asked this question. I'm going to be in Ireland this summer for an intense bike tour, and I am planning on staying Whole 30 the whole time I'm there. I'm curious to see what people say. Good luck!

Do you go to Ireland often?  If not, I would question staying on Whole30 during a once in a lifetime trip - you might be better off by doing the Whole30, then reintroductions so that you know what things you can try and what things might not be worth it.  Staying on a voluntary super restricted way of eating during big trips is not recommended - often you either bail off of it during the trip and cause yourself great grief by eating things that do not agree with you or you can feel definite regret on returning home and not having partook in the local food and drink culture.  Thats not to say go wild but definitely know what works and doesn't so you can make informed decisions during the trip.

1 minute ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Do you go to Ireland often?  If not, I would question staying on Whole30 during a once in a lifetime trip - you might be better off by doing the Whole30, then reintroductions so that you know what things you can try and what things might not be worth it.  Staying on a voluntary super restricted way of eating during big trips is not recommended - often you either bail off of it during the trip and cause yourself great grief by eating things that do not agree with you or you can feel definite regret on returning home and not having partook in the local food and drink culture.  Thats not to say go wild but definitely know what works and doesn't so you can make informed decisions during the trip.

Thanks for the food for thought. I don't go to Ireland specifically often, but I travel all the time, and I spend most of my summers in Scotland. I prefer not to make the food the focus of my trips, so I should be okay...just trying to navigate the hidden things that may be in restaurant foods over there. I was finding it difficult to find a time to start Whole 30 when I wouldn't be traveling, so I just gave up and decided to eat healthily while I travel and make the focus of my trip the activities. Heading to Hawaii on Saturday, so that will be my first big trip to navigate :-)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived