Medications...

Laurenacc

Planning on starting my whole 30 in a few weeks and want to make sure I'm well prepared:

I take glucosamine, chondroitin, & MSM capsules every morning- I'm a marathoner and taking these daily has prevented knee pain. Am I able to take during Whole30?

I'm also on a birth control pill, am I able to continue to take that?

And predicting the headaches I will most likely get when I no longer drink caffeine- am I able to take Aleve?

Thanks!

:)

• Moderators

Anything prescribed by a doctor and if necessary, OTC pain killers like Aleve/Tylenol/Advil but other supplements are not allowed unless they are compliant, sorry.  You may be pleasantly surprised that your knee pain is not so much of an issue during and after your program.

• Moderators
Just now, SugarcubeOD said:

Anything prescribed by a doctor and if necessary, OTC pain killers like Aleve/Tylenol/Advil but other supplements are not allowed unless they are compliant, sorry.  You may be pleasantly surprised that your knee pain is not so much of an issue during and after your program.

Also, just an aside, coffee is allowed so unless this is a personal choice, you don't have to give it up

Thank you!

So...Yes to prescribed birth control and only Aleve if absolutely necessary.

No to glucosamine, chondroitin, & msm since thats just a supplement.

As for the no caffeine, I was planning on skipping my morning coffee since drinking it black isn't my jam (I'd rather have none than have it black). But I just read about nutpods creamer being whole30 compliant, is that true?

10 hours ago, Laurenacc said:

Thank you!

So...Yes to prescribed birth control and only Aleve if absolutely necessary.

No to glucosamine, chondroitin, & msm since thats just a supplement.

As for the no caffeine, I was planning on skipping my morning coffee since drinking it black isn't my jam (I'd rather have none than have it black). But I just read about nutpods creamer being whole30 compliant, is that true?

Yes, NutPods are an official Whole30 Approved partner!

Archived