Newbie here...Start Date tomorrow, July 23rd!!

MJC29

Hi all! After seeing a functional medicine doc for a variety of issues I have, he wants me to do the Whole30 plan. I feel ready and excited to do this! I do admit I will miss my nightly wine time and some of my go to carb loaded comfort foods at first, BUT I also am sick and tired of being sick and tired of feeling the way that I do. I'm ready for a new me! Whole30...here I come!!

Hi: I see a few posts for the people that started yesterday (7/23). Should we consolidate into one post and stay in touch with each other? My first day went well. I cooked lots of food so I have some choices, and I'm starting a batch of chili today. Have a great day 2 everyone!

Whoooeeeee! This is Mary checking in - Day 4 and I am Ms. Crankypants! Bought the journal which said that's normal for day 4. In fact, Melissa H. writes that it's a stage called KATT -  Kill All The Things. So, it fits for me along with KATT's cousin...EATT - Eat All the Things and in big amounts. I have never been good at portion control unless I've been on one of the hundreds of diets that I've been on over the years. Plus, I'm missing terribly my nightly wine time followed by a carbfest followed by collapsing into bed and going to sleep instantly. Of course, the alcohol would cause me to suddenly awake at 4:00AM where I would lay there blinking in the dark for 2 hours loathing myself for my unhealthy night time addictions. Such a vicious cycle which got me to the point of being just sick, sick, sick. of. it! So, doing lots of positive  and encouraging self talk, not trying to do this perfectly yet staying 100% Whole30, and taking it one day at a time.

Hi Stonehouse! I like your idea of consolidating those of us who started on 7/23, but I don' t know how to do that. I'm game, though. 

Day 5 - my above post pretty much fits for me today, too. Soldiering on! 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MJC29 said:

Hi Stonehouse! I like your idea of consolidating those of us who started on 7/23, but I don' t know how to do that. I'm game, though. 

Hi all, we don't generally consolidate threads because people are free to post where they like - but if the group of you wants to keep posting here, that would be great for your group! :) 

Archived