Slip Up

Mikkim1231

Day 25 and I just realized I’ve been using the wrong Spaghetti Sauce from Trader Joe’s! It list the ingredients which are all compliant but of course I stopped reading and didn’t see “contains soy” underneath. Ugh! I think I’ve had it 4x this month including tonight. I thought I was being so good. Do you think the sauce has enough soy in it to make a difference?? So sad. 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Mikkim1231 said:

Day 25 and I just realized I’ve been using the wrong Spaghetti Sauce from Trader Joe’s! It list the ingredients which are all compliant but of course I stopped reading and didn’t see “contains soy” underneath. Ugh! I think I’ve had it 4x this month including tonight. I thought I was being so good. Do you think the sauce has enough soy in it to make a difference?? So sad. 

Soy is extremely disruptive to some people - this would be entirely your decision whether to start over but it would be our recommendation to do so.  You can check out the article linked in my signature below titled 'do I really need to start over' and see what you think.

The other poster said add a few days on to the end but that's not quite how it works.  If you were on day 4 when this happened, then doing a 'whole34' would rectify the problem and you'd have 30 days straight on the program.  Just adding four days for four random days where you ate something non compliant doesn't work like that - you need the full 30 days straight through to heal your gut and provide the best basis for the reintroductions to see how foods affect you.

@Mikkim1231, don't worry! Every additional whole30 you do, you learn something. It seems like you're intending to wait a year for the next one, but maybe you could do the January whole30 too. I did one in July-August and I'm already doing another! And even if you missed some non-compliant ingredient, there are still lots of gains, like practicing cooking this way and changing how you think about food. You still have that even if you might have some soy complicating your results, and it will definitely help you on your next whole30 and your life in general when it comes to good food habits. Since you emotionally don't want to do a whole 56 (which I understand!), I'd say do the reintroduction as normal and just be aware that some of your results may be confounded by the soy. Think of it this way: if you learn a lot about what doesn't agree with you from this reintro, you'll learn even more from your next reintro after a totally clean whole30!

Archived