Day 1 Nov 4th

goingonwhole30

Was thinking I would start on Monday but after Saturday brunch I didn’t feel like putting it off any longer. Went to the store (4-5 times), prepped the day away and started this morning! 

The day went great! But as I end the day I’m super tired and feel like a caffeine crash might hit me in the morning. I’m trying to focus on getting rid of my caffeine and sugar addiction this round. Drank some tea this morning but usually have loads of coffee and energy drinks. Looking forward to tomorrow’s crash!

Have you ever tried Good Earth’s Sweet and Spicy tea!? It’s amazing that it is all natural flavors! Comes in caffeinated and decaf! Another great herbal is Bengal Spice from Celestial. I’m a sucker for the strong flavors and spiciness! I’ll definitely check out the licorice! Sounds wonderful! 

-Z 

Be careful with liquorice tea... in 'excessive' (whatever that means) quantity it can be somewhat dangerous/alarming, causing hypertension & water retention. A couple of years ago I got a little obsessed with it, i think due to the sweetness, and ended up gaining 21lb in water over a couple of days - I know it was water because once I realsied what had happened I stopped the tea and measured my liquid inputs & outputs (it takes a lot of widdle to rid a body of 21lbs of water :)) it was gone within 3 - 4 days but I think it could potentially be dangerous for people with existing high blood pressure, etc. 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, goingonwhole30 said:

Day 3 and 4 have been so sleepy. Took a nap yesterday. Slept from 10-6, and fell asleep reading again today. It’s 5 and I feel like I could go to bed! Doesn’t help that it’s dark out at this time. Can’t wait to get past this for sure! 

Yep, the adjustment can be really tiring on the body. Be kind to yourself and if you have the time and availability for extra rest, go ahead and take it. :)

Day 12!

Feeling great! Sleeping throughout the night! Waking up refreshed with energy throughout the day! Its going great. 

Question though... Now that I have been eating my breakfast first thing in the morning, I am getting hungry by 11 (I eat breakfast at 6ish). I use to eat my lunch at 12:30/1 but it never feels like I can make it that long. Should I be eating earlier or should I incorporate a small snack to tide me over? Or maybe I should be eating more breakfast?! Not sure what the best solution is. 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, goingonwhole30 said:

Day 12!

Feeling great! Sleeping throughout the night! Waking up refreshed with energy throughout the day! Its going great. 

Question though... Now that I have been eating my breakfast first thing in the morning, I am getting hungry by 11 (I eat breakfast at 6ish). I use to eat my lunch at 12:30/1 but it never feels like I can make it that long. Should I be eating earlier or should I incorporate a small snack to tide me over? Or maybe I should be eating more breakfast?! Not sure what the best solution is. 

Generally, you should aim to go 4-5 hours between meals, so  breakfast at 6ish and being hungry around 11 means your breakfast is probably about the right size. If you can change when you take your lunch break, that's probably the easiest solution, but if you work somewhere that that isn't a possibility, a small snack if you need it is fine -- try to have a combo of protein, fat, and vegetables,  or at least two of the three, just a smaller portion than a full meal. So maybe a hard boiled egg with mayo, or some carrot sticks with guacamole or something like that.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tsuyusan said:

Me too! I was on day three but got a ton of cravings and ended up binging on some chocolate chips I found at the back of the cupboard. Ugh, I can’t believe I missed those when I cleaned out my kitchen!

You might want to think about why you were having those cravings so you can address that. Were you eating enough? Some days you may need more food, and that is fine, it is okay to eat as much as you need to eat, even if it feels like a lot of food. Or maybe you were stressed about something, and that led to wanting to eat as a coping mechanism -- this is something many of us deal with. Think of non-food ways to deal with future stress, like exercise or meditation or talking to someone or journaling about your feelings. Whatever led you to eat those chocolate chips, figure out some alternate way to deal with that or prevent it in the future, so that even if there is chocolate in the house, you know you don't need to eat it.

Archived