Not Feeling Hungry - Day 15

Hi there, 

I'm on day 15 and I must say that I've been doing a pretty fantastic job of following the program guidelines and haven't had any slip ups, cravings are definitely reduced for junk (but I do daydream sometimes ;)). I haven't been great about exercising - I'm between gyms right now and it's freezing where I live so the idea of running outside is awful. Anyway, I've been noticing that I have bouts of extreme hunger to the point where I feel dizzy, weak and shaky. But I've also had bouts of not wanting to eat anything at all and that food is so unappealing to me. I'm not sure if this is normal for this point in the program but wanted to see if others are having similar feelings. 

This morning I ate for Meal #1 a "grain-free" oatmeal (ground up small apple, 1 date, almond slivers, sprinkle of cinnamon and almond butter on top) and that kept me full for a while. I got a big salad w/ all different veggies several hours later and could barely get it down, no interest in eating it. I ate some and then snacked on cashews. For dinner, we're having a carrot and sweet potato soup and roasted brussel sprouts with that. Sometimes I'll end the day with some mango slices or half a Lara bar. 

Would love to hear from others about how their 3rd week of whole30 is going...

-Allie

• Moderators

Is there a specific reason you're not eating protein in your meals?  The 'grainfree oatmeal' is actually not recommended on the program and comes very close to crossing the 'SWYPO' line.

Have you seen the meal template?  It's linked in my signature below - have a look and see where your meals might be lacking in comparison to the recommendation and then lets try and brainstorm what could be going on.

Hi Allie! I am having the same moments of no-appetite every once in a while. I think that because my brain hasn't been winning in the cravings war, I'm just getting used to only eating when I'm hungry. I was never really too unhealthy but I definitely used to give into my cravings and eat out of boredom so now that I'm actively avoiding doing that, I can't force myself to eat when I don't actually need to. I think its probably fine as long as I'm eating enough throughout the day (which I definitely always do). 

Unfortunately I can't relate to the extreme hunger, I hope that stops happening for you because it sounds awful. Maybe try getting ahead of it and eating a bit earlier? 

On 1/18/2019 at 8:39 PM, Manmtn7 said:

I'm on day 14 and find that the further I go, the less I get hungry. Some days I never truly get hungry. I only eat because I start to feel weak.

@Manmtn7 You're not going to start figuring out what hungry feels like unless you start eating on a decent schedule. Wake up - eat breakfast. Set an alarm if you have to for 4-5 hours later and then eat lunch. 4-5 hours later, eat dinner. Once your body can start to recognize that it doesn't have to start to shut down to get your attention, you can start to find those actual hunger cues. 

It seems really counterintuitive, but you need to eat whether you feel hungry or not.

Archived