Anyone Else Starting Jan 5, 2013?

missmunchie

Connie! I am so glad to hear from you. :) So good to know you are doing well. I hope your iron levels improve. I think you can boost absorption by adding in Vitamin C with your iron sources.

You just totally made my day! You are one of the first ones I connected with.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I haven't written here in awhile. Just an update: I am on Day 23 and I feel amazing. Energy levels are regular, season depression is lessened, I feel leaner and stronger, my nails are super strong.... aaaand I have this crazy huuge rash. I have been told its probably detoxification and I hope so. it doesn't hurt or itch. I barely know its there, until I run my hand over it. So- that's that for now. Hope it gets better.

One thing is I have started to think about how I'm going to end this. I feel comfortable rooted in this lifestyle but I'm also in sort of a bubble. I am definitely going to continue on a slightly less rigid level- allowing for a little SWYPO, etc.- but I am a little afraid of the sugar dragon and I think its because I really haven't had any cravings. I have really strong willpower in situations like this where its super cut and dry and I'm afraid the sugar dragon is going to attack on like day 33. So I am just thinking about that and sort of mentally preparing for precautions I want to have in place to manage that.

It's great to hear everyone is doing well!

Briana,

I really hesitate to do the SWYPO too. I am also nervous about paleofied sweets and other things. I was out this weekend at a local restaurant and I really wanted bacon, but I know most bacon has sugar (not matter how humane or grass fed it is). I think things like this I will be more lax on, mainly in eating out situations with some of the oils used in cooking. But as for other things...I am scared too. I like how you explain your will-power in these cut and dry situations. I feel that the minute I remove some of the more strict rules, I will snowball back into disordered eating.

Good to hear from ConnirMac and Brianna! Way to go to be keepin' on.

Day 24 was tough and I so wanted comfort food and comfort wine, but I had trail mix and kombucha.

My clothes are definitely looser, finally!!

Energy levels are still not what I'm looking for, but I do feel my body is adapting to the diet. DH and I are talking about adding another 7 days. If we do, I want to add workouts (I've been slacking on that), and pay more attention to getting my sleep.

Connie! I am so glad to hear from you. :) So good to know you are doing well. I hope your iron levels improve. I think you can boost absorption by adding in Vitamin C with your iron sources.

You just totally made my day! You are one of the first ones I connected with.

Yes, sorry! I've been so busy with my kids that I haven't been keeping in touch. I HAVE been checking in daily though, to see how everyone is doing. It's usually late at night when I really need to be in bed, so I haven't written anything.

I did know about the vitamin C. I take vitamin C with my iron in the morning and I have broccoli or an orange with it at night. I need to get more sleep. I think my body would benefit so much more on this program if I was sleeping more. I have two very busy kids and a husband that travels and I'm doing some upgrading to go back to school, so it seems like it's always midnight before my head finds a pillow.

How are you doing so far? What benefits are you seeing? I definately plan to continue eating this way at least 80-90% of the time. I like how it's making me feel, in spite of the anemia and lack of sleep! ;-) Tomorrow, I am planning a short run. Wish me luck!

Wow, you have a lot going on! Yeah, sleep is very helpful, but if you are doing all of this alone with the kids while your husband is gone...I can see how that would be a problem. Are your kids school age? Homework, extra curricular activities, and social engagements take up a lot of time and energy...not to mention all the house care and food. Hang in there!

I have had a ton of improvement from the floor up! I feel really good and things are improving each day. I've been kind of lax on charting it. My husband does not want me to stop, and does not want me to reintroduce, because I am PMSing and it's like I'm a different woman. I have to say I agree. I feel really clear.

Good luck on your run!

My kids are grades one and three. My daughter (6) is in her second year of ski racing and my son plays hockey. So yeah, in addition to their homework and swimming lessons and trying to feed us all healthy, I feel like I can't keep up if I don't get things done in the evening after they're in bed. It's all good, though. They're happy and I'm starting to feel a bit better each day, I think. I don't think I'll go back to eating the way I did. The 30 days of healthy eating is a real eye-opener.

I found the PMS symptoms WAY easier to handle this time. And I didn't crave anything at all. I find the hardest thing is trying to plan meals around training camps in the mountains. It's impossible to get healthy WHole meals at the ski resorts and unless the hotel has a fridge and microwave at minimum, it's tough to eat right. This weekend I have all my meals made in advance and will just have to warm them up as we go....

I weighed in today, because I wanted to write up a report and I'm going to be too busy tomorrow. Lost 6 pounds!! In case anyone's interested, here's a link to my post-W30 writeup that I put on my blog: http://wp.me/p1zXAl-TR

This is probably a So Long from posting in this topic. I may post on the Anyone Continuing forum from time to time but I don't plan on popping in every day.

It's been so fun following y'all's progress, and I'm so proud of all of you! This has been an amazing experience.

Congratulations to all of you who have finished your 30 days! I still have two to go. I survived another weekend skiing without going off the plan. I came down with a horrible cold yesterday and I've been starving all day (maybe my body wants fuel to get better???). Anyway, I kept containers of fruits and veggies with me all day. I think I may have overeaten a bit, but it was all healthy foods (fruits, veg, nuts and organic beef jerky).

I can already say that I will be continuing this journey. I just feel better. I will post in three days with my result findings. Rojo - how are you doing/feeling?

Doing pretty good. Not sure where to go next. I'm still considering reintroducing Wednesday, or continuing on and adopting the plan from the book for IBS. My brain wants to reintroduce! :) I made some coconut flour brownies yesterday and froze two for my reintroduction, if I go that route. I almost caved yesterday! I started my cycle today, so it is extra amazing that I did not eat those brownies. I feel more centered with food overall. My cycle is not as intense so far, which is great!

I noticed the same thing. I am having a girls night out this weekend. We are going to a movie after dinner and drinks. I can assure you that I plan to have a glass of wine with a healthy dinner and am for sure having popcorn at the movie. I think my goal is to treat myself on special occasions or outings, but stick to this plan the rest of the time. I've really noticed that I love the taste of food so much more now. I have been craving navel oranges and berries and asparagus with garlic and ghee. It's great. I think my enjoyment of the food is less emotional eating now and more of an actual enjoyment. This is probably the first time in my life that I'm not emotionally or boredom eating.

One of my friends caved on Saturday (so close to the end) and had a cupcake and a peanut butter and jam wrap. She said she totally understands the whole 'Wheat Belly' thing now. Says she was totally bloated and disgusting feeling all day after. I don't miss that feeling at all!

Well.... I have finished the Whole 30 and my results are amazing. I lost 22 llbs. and 7 inches total. I should mention that I have a lot of excess body weight and fat so my numbers are to be expected. But more importantly I have so much energy, clear skin and a real feeling of accomplishment. I am going to continue for another 30 days, perhaps 60 but I am trying to address my issues one day at a time. I hope that everyone met the goals they set out for themselves.'

Fatbegone

Well, guys...I totally went berserk yesterday ON day 30. Didn't wait until today. I'm okay with this and celebrate making it at least this far. I lost a dress size and have too many positive side effects to count! Over all, this was a really positive experience. It was hard at times, but worth it. I am starting another go round...and planning the same thing for day 30. :) Best of luck to you all! xoxo

What exactly did you do for Berserk, Rojo? And how did you feel, physically afterward? I've been hesitant to do anything today. Still following the plan. I notice all the healthier skin, hair, nails. I didn't get the big rush of energy (but, I'm still very anemic - bloodwork this week showed my hemoglobin and Fe are still way down - although better than I was at the beginning of all this). The biggest thing I've noticed is that I am sleeping SOOO much more soundly. My husband is a major snore factory and I don't hear him anymore. My period was significantly easier and lighter this time around. I feel like I'm thinking more clearly. And I lost 12 lbs. I was hoping for 15, but I'm happy with 12. I'm really not incredibly overweight and was looking more at the health benefits of this I think if I could have been working out, that weight number would have been bigger.

I am definately in this long term. I love that I don't feel bloated and groggy. I can actually get up and go in the morning. I will let you know how I feel after wine and popcorn this weekend! :huh:

All of my symptoms came back and then some...swollen hands, puffy eyes, draining sinuses, the craving merry go round, insomnia. I felt as if I was keyed up - like manic, exhausted, and a huge slump and depressive state afterward.

What I ate

2 coconut flour brownies (frozen)

In and out burger w/ a small shake

A chobanni yogurt

11 grams dark chocolate w/sunbutter

Slice chocolate cinnamon bread

An oatmeal cookie with a mocha

one cup of coffee w/cream and a square of a dessert my friend made

Yesterday I made the goal to turn it around and was on track for M1 and M2, but by 3 pm I went into a really deep exhausted depressive state, and all I could think about was sugar. So, what did I do? I made a paleofied cookie dough batter from my Pinterest. I was keyed up after that...cleaned house a bit, got stuff done and had rebound cravings two hours later for a sandwich (which is what I had for dinner last night). I did not over eat and the ingredients were what is considered "healthy" by common standards, but I swelled up again, heart palpitations and such. Ugh.

I'm seriously addicted to sugar and wheat. I'm really trying to pull this around. I have to make it through those rebounds today. These are drugs to my brain, and my chemistry is working hard against me. I really need to make it through today. I have a plan in place. I just have to work it. I'm not good about reaching out for support. I feel this is my own responsibility. Thanks for letting me vent a bit!

I'm worried about the same thing happening to me. Bread is a bad drug for me. And sweets as well. Not candy, but the baked goods and chocolate. I resisted cinnamon buns from the bakery yesterday. Today, I haven't been eating as good as I need to because we went skiing and I was totally unprepared. I didn't take a main meal with protein. So, I picked at what we had all the way home. Two bananas, nuts, paleo krunch (which is awesome, by the way - from Steve's Paleo Kits) and some baby carrots. Now, I'm rushing to go to soccer and get supper ready for the family with no plan in place so my supper is leftover chicken from last night and some frozen mixed veg, warmed up. Blahhh!

I know my downfall will be lack of planning and time. I'm going to try to stick to it as much as possible, but it is really tough when you don't leave yourself time to plan. I need to have pre-made meals in the fridge that I can just grab and go.

BTW, it's a good thing you don't live close to me or I would have been right there with you, eating everything on your list except the coffee! LOL

I'll have to check out those Paleo kits! Being on the go so often is challenging! It is so awesome though to be able to actually be aware if we are not eating as much veggies or protein to function at our best. I think these are powerful lessons. Doing this Whole30 has really given me a clear perspective in how even the slight nuances in our diet can affect us from meal to meal, day to day.

It sounds as if we are similar in our wired choices. (Probably a good thing we don't live close to each other, like you point out! Haha!) That being said, we'd really like to visit Canada some day, so maybe we will meet up at some point! :)

You know, now that I am not on a Whole30, I'm finding that the break of being able to make some coconut pancakes is just the right mental balance for me. I love Paleo Comfort Foods, by Julie and Charles Mayfield. For me getting bored or resenting my food is a huge hurdle. I have the luxury of planning and being home a lot, but we all have our own specific challenges.

Great job on passing up the cinnamon bun!

Well first of all, here is my blog post I wrote a couple days ago about my experience.

Second and more currently, I am feeling you Rojo. I did really well for awhile. My reintroduction was super slow and when other days were perfect. Then I started to get a little more lenient on the dark chocolate. It's not bad to have one square a day right? And two is barely more than one? UNLESS you have a really strong sugar dragon and even that sent me into what ended up being a couple days of everything sugar down my gullet. And the worst part is today I felt that depression creep back in. Everything was the end of the world and I guess there really is something wrong with me.... Until I read this post and I remembered that its not me. Its the f@#$ing sugar dragon. Dish soap on the remainder of a mostly eaten package of glutino cookies and tomorrow is another WholeDay.

All of my symptoms came back and then some...swollen hands, puffy eyes, draining sinuses, the craving merry go round, insomnia. I felt as if I was keyed up - like manic, exhausted, and a huge slump and depressive state afterward.

I'm seriously addicted to sugar and wheat. I'm really trying to pull this around. I have to make it through those rebounds today. These are drugs to my brain, and my chemistry is working hard against me. I really need to make it through today. I have a plan in place. I just have to work it. I'm not good about reaching out for support. I feel this is my own responsibility. Thanks for letting me vent a bit!

Archived