Anyone Else Starting Jan 5, 2013?

missmunchie

I am finding that there is something powerful about being able to click "yes, I made it," at the end of each day!!

I totally agree! Except I just clicked 'yes' already for today so I think I better go to bed soon so that I don't snack!! Guess the whole 30 will be making me sleep more:)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I read the summary on how we would probably feel while doing this because I DEFINITELY was a typical Day 2 person. All of the withdrawal from "bad stuff" hit me full on today. I awoke with a migraine, popped medicine and ended up sleeping most of the day away. The good side of the day----I managed to stay on the Whole 30 even though migraines and medicine make me crave crackers and tea (with mile and Sweet'n'Low). I ate breakfast (eggs with red and yellow peppers) prior to going back to bed, skipped lunch (because I was sleeping) but did eat dinner with chicken, broccoli & garlic. So, I don't think skipping lunch makes me non-compliant on Day 2. I did drink a bunch of water but I am CRAVING my cup of tea with milk and Sweet'n'Low. Reading posts on this site does help me. I committed to posting every day just so I'd feel more accountable but I find myself reading all the other posts and feeling less alone. My husband is one of those guys who eats what he wants and wears the same size clothes he did in middle school so he isn't doing the Whole30 with me. My dog is supportive but he loves me no matter what I eat so----all of you out there are my support system. Thanks for posting.

Hi everyone! I'm still on the wagon...today is day 3 for me. I've been following your journeys but haven't had a chance to post. So far I am feeling OK, although afternoon and evening are the hardest for me. This time around I am consciously eating what feels like almost too much at each meal...which is hard (because deep down inside I would like to drop the 20 lbs I have gained over the past 2 years) but I think it is really helping me to tame my dragons. I just keep reminding myself that it is more important to get healthy and stop my binging than it is to loss weight.

I hope you are feeling well today and keep up the good eating!

Hi Guys!

I start tomorrow. Can I jump on this bandwagon?

I signed up for the emails, and I am chomping at the bit.

I have the following goals:

1. Complete this whole 30 (duh).

2. Hit (at least) 10,000 steps each day for the next 30 days.

3. Hit the gym for weight training (at least) 10 times over the next 30 days.

4. Meditate every day for the next 30 days.

whoo hoo. There it is all out in the open.

Let the accountability BEGIN!

Well I've made it through week one. The hardest part for me is the cheese!!! And beers too! I love beer. It's sad. Oh Well. I am doing good and on target. Fresh peas are a good afternoon munchie that make you feel like you've had candy! :) Keep it up everyone!

Starting Day 3 today. So far so good except I am SOOO tired this morning despite a little over 8 hours of sleep. Any suggestions on an energy filled breakfast? I just can't seem to get going.......

Well I guess i jumped the gun yesterday. At the close of today I will hav completed week one. I am lucky to have a supportive husband...even if he cheats a little! He has been making me lunch and dinner in accordance with whole 30! Love him! Still miss cheese. Also it's a little tough serving the children carbs and not sampling! I'm still not cheating though! One down and 3 more to go! Not so bad! Keep it up ladies!!!

Yea to all of you and yea to me---starting Day 4. It is so affirming to hear everyone else is dealing with issues similar to mine and still making it through the day. The "hangover" days of 2 & 3 had me popping migraine medicine both days but at least I made it out of bed on day 3 AND I popped medicine this morning and am out of bed by 9:00! I believe I'm making some progress. Whenever I have migraines and take meds I am craving a cup of tea with milk and Sweet'n'Low. When I stand up during that time I want crackers to help with nausea. Well---making it through 2 nasty days and STILL sticking with the Whole30 makes me feel stronger than I thought I would be during this time. Hearing of those of you who have to feed little ones carbs and resist snitching a bite or two---you are POWERFUL women. I just don't think I could do that during these first few days.

I am delighted to see that my lean husband who "isn't doing that stuff" has been eating the same things I have been eating while he is at home. Normally he eats dinner and then, 30 minutes later, eats a bowl of cereal or a peanut butter sandwich. The only thing I've seen him eat after dinner are pistachios. Anyway, that makes me feel like I have a little bit of support but these boards are terrific! Thank you to all who are posting.

Yay...Day 4! I've never made it this far before! In terms of an energy breakfast (that's also quick and easy), I have been mixing canned salmon with half an avocado and having that with 2 hb eggs and cherry tomatoes. It's been holding me over pretty well until lunch, although I haven't been working out. Then I might add a half a chicken breast after my workout.

I don't have any support at home, although it's totally my fault. My husband doesn't know I am doing this. Bad for our relationship, I know, but he's a doctor and thinks he knows about nutrition (at least a little). I don't feel well-versed enough in all the science in ISWF to have a productive discussion with him about it. My kids don't eat great...I feel really bad about that but I feel like I need to get this style of eating down pat before slowly moving them toward it. I make compliant dinners for us all most nights but if the kids want other stuff I am OK with that for now. Hope that doesn't make me a horrible mom! Sometimes I just feel like you have to do what you have to do to get by until you have the strength and will and capacity to change things.

I started the 4th, my first whole30 so I'm in! Definitely will help sharing recipes, changes, emotions and anything else that comes along! Hardest part for me so far (besides no wine, that is torture) is that I feel like I live in the kitchen...even with pre chopping and and cooking meats and veggies for left overs, anyone else feeling that? Good luck everyone! :)

Day two is almost over and I am dragging! I did wake up early and hopped out of bed. I also did some a.m. yoga. I really need my workout, and to go grab some steaks to make for tonight, but yikes. I am thinking I might chug some water, go for a brisk walk instead, and curl up, while I ride this out.

Breakfast: Turkey/Veggie chili, green salad, 1/2 Oriental yam w/ghee

Lunch: Two hard boiled eggs w/4 small dollops paleo mayo, jicama, 1/2 sweet potato

Snack: 1 hard boiled egg w/two small dollops paleo mayo, banana

Dinner: Steak, sauteed veggies in ghee, green salad w/herbs and vinegar

Hope you guys are hanging in there! Love and hugs!

Hello everyone, I am completing day 4 and felt really great up until today. Very sluggish and really fought cravings today. But I made it through and am giving myself credit for making decisions that will better my life and health. I am looking forward to the support from everyone. Hang in there.

Fatbegone

Thought I'd "check in". Day 4 and I'm finally feeling a little perkier. Headache is gone (was constant for first two days and was almost gone yesterday). Food has been good but I do find I'm having to be in the kitchen a lot more. Last night was bison meat sauce on spaghetti squash and tonight is leftover turkey and cauliflower-"rice" and zuchini. Lunches have mostly been salad and a dressing made with the homemade paleo mayo and breakfast either eggs or leftovers from the night before.

Day 4 completed without any problems. i even went out to a business lunch today and ordered a grilled salmon (olive oil--no butter) salad with a bunch of good things in it and drizzled balsamic vinegar & olive oil over the top. I ignored the bread on the table and the offer for dessert. Yea! I'm staying away from this situation for a while though as I really wanted the calzone! Anyway---only a brief migraine this morning and functional the rest of the day. I'm hoping I'll feel "good" tomorrow so I can get in some exercise. All of the posts are helping. Thanks!

Hello, all. This is my first post. I too began the Whole30 (my first) on January 5. I have been 60-70% paleo (strict except for wine - oh, that darn wine dragon - and weekly or so dates with good, strong, stinky cheese on fruit as a treat) since May 2012, so the food piece is not so difficult for me. My issue is actually keeping my husband motivated and my toddler son happy. Husband is aware that we're eating Whole30 compliant when I cook, although he considers paleo and alternative nutrition "hokum" or "snake oil" :( . Toddler is super picky and also very smart...he already figured out that my cauliflower "hummus" was not the real thing, that the pumpkin and egg patties I called "pancakes" were not real pancakes, etc. Any suggestions?

I started 1/8 so this is day two. I need all the support I can get! lol I am hoping to get to the bottom of my health issues, that no Dr. seems to be able to help me with. My intuition tells me it is all diet related and my body is screaming :WOULD YOU FINALLY TAKE CONTROL AND EAT THE RIGHT STUFF!!!" I have crazy allergies that I cant figure out, my joints hurt, fatigued all the time, I could go on but it has all been said here before. That is exactly why I know I have been lead to the right place with the right people. Forums are new to me, so this will be a learning experience as well. I look forward to meeting new friends.. Have a great day everyone.. stay healthy!

...My issue is actually keeping my husband motivated and my toddler son happy. Husband is aware that we're eating Whole30 compliant when I cook, although he considers paleo and alternative nutrition "hokum" or "snake oil" :( . Toddler is super picky and also very smart...he already figured out that my cauliflower "hummus" was not the real thing, that the pumpkin and egg patties I called "pancakes" were not real pancakes, etc. Any suggestions?

Emily, for me, I would just cook what I'm cooking. Your toddler will eat what you fix and his natural instincts will not let him starve. It's going to take a bit to get the processed foods out of your baby's system as well, so he's naturally going to have some struggle!

It might help to not try to substitute the grain foods. For instance, "Yay!! Today we're having eggs, bacon, veggies and a little fruit! Wow!" might be a good alternative.

Your hubby...well, honestly, I wouldn't make his non-compliance my issue. If he wants to add a dish or two to dinner, that's great, let him come cook with you. (My BF and I cook together very frequently although I don't mind throwing toast in the toaster or rice in the steamer for him.) Our Whole30 food is amazing! What's not to like? :) Bring on the snake oil!

Keep us posted!

Archived