Forager Half and Half

Pandora Black

The ingredients to this are technically compliant, but the book says no paleo creamers sweetened with “lots” of dates, and this creamer has dates in it. (But the label says 0g sugar). However, Tessamae’s ketchup also has dates in it, and that’s supposedly Whole 30 approved. So...I’m confused as to whether this is compliant or not.

9A2A3D10-3A42-42D6-BC5B-B5D54C28268A.png

• Administrators

I would be hesitant. Cashew milk on its own is fairly sweet so wondering if the dates in it are to ramp up the sweetness more to an "International Delight" level? We can't hardcore rule this out but I wouldn't also rule it in.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Pandora Black said:

I’m just going to get better half I guess. I’m too addicted to this creamer anyway. I about died when it said in the book, “Do you even like coffee or do you just want a sugar hit?” CALLED OUT.

Good call and glad you self-discovered enough to know what the creamer was doing for you. :)

On 4/26/2019 at 7:37 PM, Pandora Black said:

Well, and I added sugar to my coffee as well. But I’m sure half the reason I love this creamer so much is it’s slightly sweetened. 

I think that's a really important thing you pointed out. For someone who's used to putting sugar in coffee, your brain is probably grabbing onto the sweetness from the dates and telling you that it's amazing and wonderful and have another cup of coffee because *more creamer*. 

For someone who usually just puts a little milk or cream in their coffee, the dates in the creamer may not be a trigger food for them. 

Good for you on recognizing that this creamer probably isn't a great option for you. :)

3 hours ago, laura_juggles said:

I think that's a really important thing you pointed out. For someone who's used to putting sugar in coffee, your brain is probably grabbing onto the sweetness from the dates and telling you that it's amazing and wonderful and have another cup of coffee because *more creamer*. 

For someone who usually just puts a little milk or cream in their coffee, the dates in the creamer may not be a trigger food for them. 

Good for you on recognizing that this creamer probably isn't a great option for you. :)

Totally excellent point! Yeah, it’s a trigger food for me. I could drink coffee and tea with this creamer all day long.

Archived