LocsnLashes W30: Byebye Inflammation

Locsnlashes

Hi I’m Sondra, I turned 40 this year and my personal life and relationships are perfect, my health and work, not so much... I’m a nurse and suffering from whole body inflammation for the past 11 yrs. My lymph nodes are swelling at an alarming rate that they think I have lymphoma...my spouse, who is also a nurse, is convinced I have a terrible gut related autoimmune disease that is causing my body to be in constant fight mode. My spleen also has lesions meaning infection is present. I did contract c.diff about 3 yrs ago and have not tested positive again for that after taking the antibiotics but now cannot tolerate gluten. I have chronic fatigue, pain and generalized body aches. In the past month I have had severe, almost debilitating abdominal pain. 

I am trying The Whole 30 for just 30 days for these reasons: 

1. To reset my gut health

2. Decrease inflammation

3. Free my mind and reduce my stress about food.

I am going to start R1D1 on 6/1/19.

Wish me luck!!! 

-Sondra 

1C1DA174-FDF3-4F08-A95D-6D353E813719.png

I’m worried as I’m prepping for my start up that I can’t eat tomatoes d/t severe gastritis. I can’t tolerate spicy or acidic foods at all. That will limit some of the toppings on my already cheese less meals. This is going to take some adjustment. I will be making the mayo and ranch dressings, but will need some alternate toppings at the ready. B)

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, Locsnlashes said:

I’m worried as I’m prepping for my start up that I can’t eat tomatoes d/t severe gastritis. I can’t tolerate spicy or acidic foods at all. That will limit some of the toppings on my already cheese less meals. This is going to take some adjustment. I will be making the mayo and ranch dressings, but will need some alternate toppings at the ready. B)

This recipe is listed here as a granola-like snack, but in one of her Well Fed cookbooks, the author presents it as a topping/spice blend -- you would make it as described here, and then in a food processor or blender (or even just with a knife), you chop it until it's a kind of coarse powder, and then sprinkle it on cooked vegetables or salads or mix it into ground meat:  http://meljoulwan.com/2012/12/31/savory-paleo-snack-mix/. It's a little labor intensive and you have to really keep an eye on it in the oven to make sure it doesn't burn, but it adds a nice flavor without being spicy.

You might look for nightshade-free sauces as well -- they won't have tomatoes or any kind of peppers (here's an explanation of what nightshades are:  https://www.thepaleomom.com/what-are-nightshades/). 

Try Dukkah! There are so many blends, or you can make your own with your favourites. I LOVE pistachio dukkah, spicy cashew dukkah, Egyptian Dukkah... you need to check ingredients, obviously, but it's just such a yummy addition to veggies, side dishes, or over meat. I also mix it into meatballs and salmon patties for flavour and texture.

• 3 weeks later...

So i have started , i am on day 2, woke up with a terrible headache that lasted all day. HANGOVER HANGOVER! 

I’m feeling better now and at work for a few hours. Going back to bed soon as i get home. What a weird feeling. My food has been good and totally satisfying. Just feel weird , maybe its full on sugar withdrawal which is insane! 

Archived