Jan 7 starters group

Stepford WASP

I have done some reintroduction. Dairy: no problems, wheat: bad stomach cramps, bloat, and so on, Corn: same as wheat: rice: mild problems (I can live with it, once in a while, for certain foods), oatmeal: no problems, peanut butter: no problems. Overall, though, I have been tireder during reintroduction than I was during W30.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've now introduced peanut butter, slowly. I'm a very intuitive person, and I really did not expect peanut butter to give me trouble, so I was just adding it in slowly since I have some good all-natural PB that I bought right before the whole30 (before reading the full directions, lol). But I think it could be a NO (I say think because I may have unintentionally had some artificial sweetener yesterday, but I definitely reacted to one of those foods - bloating, uncomfortable stomach ache, etc.)

I am still struggling with trying to figure out what is causing me to bloat (primarily) as well as what makes my reflux flare up. I am still eating mostly on plan, with the odd item added back in.

I can't figure out my timeline for bloating. Last night at 7 pm, after dinner, I was fine. By the time I went to bed at 9:30, I looked like a puffer fish. So was it my supper (5:30 pm - taco beef, compliant marinara sauce, spaghetti squash, bok choy) or my lunch (1:30 - salmon, raw veggies - cucumber, baby tomatoes) or my breakfast (9:30 - whey protein powder, almond milk, blueberries w coconut milk)?

I have had all of these things before, at one time or another - with the exception of the spaghetti squash, which I haven't had for years. And yet I can't imagine it was that. I would think squash would be pretty harmless.

Frustrated...

@Melelina - yeah the timing thing is tricky. And nothing on your list (except maybe protein powder) stands out as a possible culprit. Have you had other days where you felt like this, and do you see any crossover between what you ate then? Maybe pick one thing that you ate yesterday that you think might be the problem, and eat it at every meal some day? That's what I'm doing with peanut butter, since I may have accidentally had artificial sweetener yesterday. Eitehr way, it's one of those...I think. It's so complicated!

Also, this is totally random, but I also have eaten a lot of spaghetti squash recently (Wed dinner, Thurs lunch and dinner) after never eating it before, and I had bloating yesterday too... Like you, I don't think it's the problem, and in my quick internet search i didn't find anything. But, you know. Just fyi.

Archived