LAshley

I'm starting Whole30 with my fiance this coming Monday. We've been preparing for a few weeks, trying out different milks for coffee creamer, practicing Whole30 meals, incorporating a Time Restricted Eating schedule, etc. I'm excited by all the good reviews, but also nervous. We've tried a few different lifestyles including AIP. We generally eat well, having learned so much with AIP. However, a mistake we seem to always make is staying consistent. We would get 2-3 weeks in and then reward ourselves with a pizza or Jack in the Box. I think that has prevented me from ever really seeing results in decreased inflammation.  I'm hoping that by committing to Whole 30, along with a few other combined restrictions, we can finally do this. Completely.  Without any falling off the wagon. Also, what about eggs? I dont think I have sensitivity to eggs, I love them. But I'm scared of wasting my time with this commitment only to find out 1-2 months down the road that eggs were a major culprit the whole time. But I also dont want to give them up if I dont have to. Do alot of Whole30ers with inflammation end up finding they need to cut out eggs? Also, can there be variability to reactions to nightshades? I've never noticed anything with tomatoes or eggplants. But I have immediate reactions to anything with chili powder, paprika, cayenne, or peppers. Unfortunately. My cheeks and ears get red and painful, and I start forming telangiectasia on my cheeks. 

Anyway, super excited about beginning this journey and joining this community!

Hey @LAshley! I’m preparing to start whole30 soon too!! I did it once Blackmon September and o can’t wait to feel as amazing as I did back then!! Don’t worry about eggs, if you’re not usually sensitive to them it shouldn’t bother you! At least it didn’t bother me.

About your concern with nightshades, there’s actually a PDF on Whole30 without nightshades... I’ll try to link it on here but if I can’t just type in nightshades and I’m pretty sure it’ll lead you to the whole30 shopping list... 

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! It may be hard but the results are so worth it. 

Archived