Alexia Oven Fries

mazzystarslight

I know some other flavors are not compliant, and I am almost afraid to ask because they've been a bit of a lifesaver for my W30, but... are the Alexia Oven Fries with Olive Oil, Rosemary, & Garlic compliant? I know that it's better to just eat "whole foods" and make them myself, which I often do, but sometimes it is more convenient to pop them in the oven for 20 minutes. I don't see any issues with the ingredients (listed below), but it would be great for confirmation since I can't figure it out -- usually I can Google "[name of food] Whole30" and find out. If they are, I feel like they are hidden gems.

Website: https://www.alexiafoods.com/chef-inspired/oven-fries-olive-oil-rosemary-and-garlic

Ingredients

Russet Potatoes, Olive Oil, Sunflower Oil and/or Canola Oil and/or Safflower Oil, Sea Salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Dextrose, Garlic Powder Rosemary, Black Pepper, Marjoram, Thyme, Natural Rosemary Flavor.

I'm no expert but I would say they are not compliant due to the dextrose. 

"Dextrose is the name of a simple sugar that is made from corn and is chemically identical to glucose, or blood sugar. Dextrose is often used in baking products as a sweetener, and can be commonly found in items such as processed foods and corn syrup."

18 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

The one in this photo would be fine.

Thank you, I thought so! :D

3 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

These seem to be awfully close to the line when it comes to 'No commercially prepared french fries'.  

They're not french fries, they're baked wedges like ones you can make yourself... I made some homemade yesterday but sometimes these are more convenient, they're like the Walmart frozen meals to me -- not ideal but convenient/cheap when I can't/am not in the mood to make everything from scratch!

Archived