Fresh and Lean Meal Delivery

Barcley

• Moderators

Dextrose is definitely not ok on Whole30. I'm not sure what happened here, if there's a mistake in the labeling or a misunderstanding of the rules or what, but definitely avoid any meals that say they have dextrose if you choose to go ahead and order from them.

• Moderators
On 10/30/2021 at 9:39 PM, Barcley said:

Thanks, I think it’s misleading to say the are compliant. 

Can you send a link or a screen shot to where it says that something with dextrose is Whole30 compatible?  I can't find any under their Whole30 approved section that are incompatible - they do have recipes that have incompatible ingredients in them for other eating programs which would be incompatible with the program. I can't find the cream of broccoli soup that you mention.

I've given a heads up to HQ about this as well but in the meantime, if you're able to provide a bit more info, that will help them in quickly getting anything resolved that needs to be resolved

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am seeing issues with Fresh n Lean  as well. The ingredients aren’t posted online so I only realized the problem after I received the meals. One of my meals (cilantro lime salmon) has honey in it and another (apple cider bbq turkey) has sulfites, even though both say they are whole 30 approved. It seems whole30 may want to reevaluate their relationship with this brand.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Administrators
On 2/19/2023 at 10:46 AM, Faith W said:

I am seeing issues with Fresh n Lean  as well. The ingredients aren’t posted online so I only realized the problem after I received the meals. One of my meals (cilantro lime salmon) has honey in it and another (apple cider bbq turkey) has sulfites, even though both say they are whole 30 approved. It seems whole30 may want to reevaluate their relationship with this brand.

Hi @Faith W - thank you so much for pointing this out! The honey in the salmon is definitely problematic and our Whole30 Approved manager is reaching out to them right now to investigate. The second one with the sulfites is actually fine. When listed in that way; "contains sulfites", it is simply a disclosure of a naturally occurring sulfite from the fruit. Were the sulfites listed as their own ingredient then it would be an added sulfite and not compatible. Sorry - the sulfites on ingredients can be unfairly confusing. 

In order to get the salmon meal resolved, please contact their customer service to request resolution on that one but feel free to eat the turkey meal!