Caitlin in Melbourne

CaitlinM

Hi everyone.

I'm on day 15 for my first whole30, but only just started getting involved in the forums.

I'm doing pretty well, I think. I've been cooking a lot more than I used to which is great. My partner is fully supportive of my whole30, which has been a great help, especially when I am too tired/cranky to cook. My family is less supportive, but what can you do!?

Cravings haven't been too bad.

I've eaten out a couple of times.

The main issue I am currently having is irregular BM and stomach ache/nausea for the last 5 days. Today does feel a bit better though.

Upcoming challenges:

my birthday on day 30.

Last day of my job on day 25.

dumplings with friends on day 22

Attending a wedding on day 27.

It's been really helpful reading peoples stories and questions.

I can't imagine how to have dumplings with friends during a Whole30. What's your plan for that?

hmm... The only thing I can eat is the chinese brocolli with garlic... It will be heartbreaking not to eat dumplings, but it would be more heartbreaking to break my whole30.

Most of the dumpling places mass produce their food, so you may not get any "special orders" if you don't call ahead or talk to the person who seats your table.

Watch the steamed veggies, they are usually served with soy sauce or oyster sauce (brown) and chicken stock which is from a cube (possibly containing wheat). Eat before you go, so you're not hungry and tempted.

BTW, Palate restaurant in Melbourne has 100% compliant food with lots of choices on the menu.

Thanks for the advice guys.

The place we go is usually really busy and standard dumpling joint service ;) I'm not expecting much. I know to avoid the oyster and soy sauces. I'll stick to my greens with garlic.

I have heard of Palate, I'd like to check it out.

Im going out for lunch on saturday with friends including one who is celiac, so it has gluten free options. thats half the battle I have, finding a meal that isn't built around wheat!

Woo! Day 17!

I'm struggling with motivation to put effort into my meals so the last couple of days have been pretty basic things like tuna with sweet potato and cauliflower. I'm sick of eggs at breakfast. I'm trying not to overdo the fruit and nuts, which would be my go-to food otherwise. I think I need to make some mince thing I can eat for breakfast thats easy to heat up in the morning.

People have been commenting that I look thinner. My clothes are feeling a bit looser. I don't really want to lose more weight. I try to eat as much as I can without overdoing fruit.

Day 18. Feel pretty darn good!

Made steamed brocolli and sweet potato and a boiled egg for breakfast and a celery stick with almond butter. I feel/perform sooo much better for the WHOLE day if I have a good breakfast like this.

Day 22- the chinese broccoli at dumpling house went well. It was a pain to pick out of my braces though! I know I need to eat something else - but my tuna in water isn't very appetising. I did do a big workout last night too, so I need the protein.

The last few days I've been drinking sooo mcuh water, and I still feel dehydrated. What's with that? Infrequent BM too, so I try to eat sweet potato most days.

This is my last week at my current job and we are having an afternoon tea tomorrow. I want to make something to bring, something that I can eat.

I found a recipe for sweet potato brownies that is all compliant except for some honey. IT LOOKS SO DELICIOUS!!! So SWYPO!

I really want to eat it and think I would be prepared to 'slip' for this. It might be a slipperly slope for other allowances though.

What do I do? Should I make it and not eat it? Should I take some furit instead?

Help please! I need support.

Archived