Gluten or Alcohol - So Sick

I did a reintro with beer and felt like donkey balls. Absolutely terrible. I detoxed for a few days then tried wine. For me, I felt much much worse after beer than I did after wine. Maybe detox and try wine in a week or two? If it has the same affect it is probably the alcohol, if not probably the gluten or wheat?

• 3 years later...

No one talks about it much, hardly ever. It's waltzing around the tiger in the living room but detoxing from alcohol is a thing.  If someone is a heavy drinker and you suddenly stop drinking...like for real, you will encounter some real symptoms.  Even if you daily drink  1-3 glasses of wine or whatever you normally drink, there will be consequences when you suddenly stop drinking.

It's not only blowback from sugars but alcohol as well.  We don't ask anyone but when the first thing that's reintroduced after a Whole 30 is  alcohol, remember back to the days and weeks when you didn't notice anything...no tiger blood or things you'd hoped for...It could be the alcohol being detoxed from your body. 

You're not going to experience tiger blood while your body is still detoxing from alcohol and maybe sugar, too.  Alcohol. Sugars. Tobacco. 

One, two or all three really pack a punch. You can look up the symptoms of detoxing from alcohol.  It's eye opening.  It's not polite to ask anyone...how much did you drink before your started the Whole 30 but ask yourself the hard questions.  

Alcohol.  Giving it up for 30 days and some have to give it up for real. 

It just might be the reason you're not experiencing all of the good feelings you'd hoped for along the timeline. 

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/recovery-blog/safely-detox-alcohol-home/

If you have a serious drinking problem, detoxing at home is not recommended.  For all others, ask yourself the hard questions about alcohol. 

No tiger blood.  No noticeable differences whatsoever after 30 days, I've been reading alot of those testimonies and it very well could be the alcohol. Immediately returning to alcohol on Day 31 for hair of the dog that was biting you along the timeline,  choices and consequences.  We choose if alcohol is so worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Last day of Whole30 for me so I'm looking at all of the reintro posts. 

I would have to say most likely that beer made you sick because of the gluten. I cut out gluten 6 months before starting Whole30 and beer (blue moon included) was what made me realize I had issues with gluten. One beer I would start to feel super nauseas UNLESS I was drinking a cider beer (which are gluten free). So then it started to click. I started switching up my diet and just like that the nausea and crumminess went away. When you try alcohol again go for a cider beer and see if same reaction. Good luck!

Archived