Calcium?

toronto416

I wasn't into either of those things either - now I love sardines! You can hide bone broth in pretty much everything, I make it super concentrated and then put a tbsp or so in with anything I'm cooking and it adds loads of yummy flavour and a lovely richness. Canned salmon with bones is good too. I don't think just leafy greens is quite enough, but I could be wrong!

You can also make sure whenever you're making a stew/casserole etc you use meat on the bone so the sauce absorbs some of the calcium.... and give sardines another chance ;)

Well, actually, I've ate plenty of sardines in my lifetime. I DO like them, but I don't like how they are in CANS. So, I'd rather not eat them.

There's bone marrow at my local meat store - should I just buy a few? I have no idea how to make bone broth, but I'll look it up. I'm sure it'd actually be delicious, thanks!

Well, actually, I've ate plenty of sardines in my lifetime. I DO like them, but I don't like how they are in CANS. So, I'd rather not eat them.

There's bone marrow at my local meat store - should I just buy a few? I have no idea how to make bone broth, but I'll look it up. I'm sure it'd actually be delicious, thanks!

I saw some of the canned fish in jars yesterday at Whole Foods and Sprouts. I do think sardines were one of the ones in jars. Maybe you can find some near you.

I believe sardines and anchovies are a good calcium source not because of the meat, but because you eat the whole fish (bones and all). (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. The only oily little fish I eat is mackerel)

And here, read this article: http://whole9life.com/2012/02/what-about-calcium/

So yes, you get enough calcium from paleo food sources that you don't need to supplement, and certainly don't need to resort to almond milk.

• 1 month later...

Archived