100 days and still joint pain

LauraR

So I did the Whole 30 strictly for 30 days and it made a huge difference in reducing my gut pain and digestive issues. I have Celiac disease and Sjogen's syndrome and this is the best diet for my digestive health! However, I was hoping to get more relief for my joint pain and tendonitis. I have slowly added sugar into my diet but that is the only change. I have been eating some sweet potato or butternut squash with each meal for energy. Other than that my diet has been complaint for almost 100 days. Should I go back to the strict Whole30 and see if cutting out the sugar will help or is this as good as it will get? I am also considering switching to the Carbohydrate Specific diet. Thanks for any advice!

I have a weird issue with my hip getting inflamed that basically my doctor shrugs off. I did 50 days and didn't see relief, but stopped eating eggs in January and magically the inflammation went completely away. I started eating eggs again and it came back, full force. You might try further eliminations of things like eggs, nuts, etc to see if something like that might be affecting you. I think Practical Paleo does a good job talking about further eliminations you may want to try, if you think it is diet related.

Ditto. For me, the Whole30 doesn't eliminate enough. I have a few other odd triggers that I never would have found had I just done the Whole30. Further allergy testing from my integrative doc revealed a few other items that are totally Whole30 approved, but not my-body approved. Even the slightest drop of them cause a reaction. Keep searching for the source - there's likely a cause. Sugar can do it for me, too, so if you're slowly adding it, it could be part of the issue as well.

Hi Laura, I also think AIP would be the way to go (assuming you haven't tried that). I discovered I have an egg intolerance and my reaction was very severe, including full body aches and joint issues, after eating only three eggs. Eggs and dairy are usually the main culprits for joint issues, I think. I was AIP compliant for only 32 days before I started reintroduction, so you might be closer than you think to a breakthrough. Hang in there.

Thanks everyone. I should have clalified, I was following the AIP as well as paying attention to the foods mentioned in the digestive health section during my Whole30 . My diet is really simple and limited. I can list it if that helps. I have had eggs post Whole30 if I have to in a social setting probably three times in the past three months. I can cut them out again no problem.

So no more eggs or sugar and I am back on track. Thanks!

Laura,

So if you've already cut out eggs previously (but they sneak back in on occasion), do you notice a difference for the worse when you eat them? If you don't, that may not be the problem.

Are you supplementing with some fish oil (or is your n3 intake pretty good by itself?)

If that stuff doesn't help, I think it may be worthwhile to get a consult, so M&D or somebody on the consulting team can really take a good look at what's up with your context and can give you more focused attention than we can here on the boards.

http://whole9life.com/personal-consulting/

Thanks Renee,

I eat salmon once a week but can't tolerate fish oil. I am ordering some Krill to try instead. What is a consult? I would love for someone to look at what I am eating. I fear it is too limited and repetitive but I have so many limitations. I was not aware of the consultations and will check this out!

I was 100% compliant for the whole 30 program too(not Aip) and had similar issues with my psoriasis. I had hoped that would resolve, but it did not get even the slightest bit better. Guess I should try eliminating eggs and nuts and see if those are triggers. Anyone else have psoriasis issues that were cleared up after AIP whole 30?

Archived