Energy and Sleep Post-30

Delphine

Hi Everyone,

I finished my Whole30 yesterday and I'm quite proud of myself! :) My sleep has improved a lot, I've lost a bit of weight and my energy is better - all good things. I'm still having some issues, though, and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I am sleeping much easier but I still get what I think is a cortisol spike at around 4am. I sometimes wake up, sometimes just get restless. if I do wake up I fall back to sleep (this would NEVER happen before, and my wakeups were nightly). Still, I'm concerned that I still get restless.

My energy is better but I'm still sleepy. It's hard for me to wake up in the morning and I'm feeling quite "blah" and lazy.

Also, I should mention that I'm pretty sure I have Adrenal fatigue, so that is probably affecting my sleep and energy.

Thanks!

I think you just need to keep on keeping on. adrenal issues can be a bitch of a hole to dig yourself out of. Our sleep cycles naturally ebb and flow out of consciousness, so it's not totally abnormal or 'unhealthy" to wake up momentarily.

Check in with a naturopath about the adrenal stuff as well.

Thanks, Renee. It's good to get some feedback. Unfortunately a naturopath is out of my budget for now.

I'm thinking of experimenting with taking eggs out of my diet in the next few weeks. I have some planned minor off-roading coming up (work lunches, etc) which I will do my best to control but I hope that once my body feels normal again I can try to eliminate eggs and see what that does.

Archived