12 weeks and starting my first Whole30

Hi! I am willing to join in! I have done a couple Whole 30's and I am 7 weeks tomorrow! Morning sickness is really kicking my butt and I can tell you popcorn is the only thing that is sounding good right at the moment. Popped in coconut oil of course! But not the best choice I know, so I am resisting. I am probably going to pick up some avocados and more coconut milk and use those to supplement my non eating at the moment. I have lost 4 pounds since finding out I was pregnant.

I can't start on the 4th, but I'll be starting right after you! I'm 10 1/2 weeks pregnant with my first, and my cravings/ aversions have just spiraled out of control. I haven't gained any weight, which is surprising, but I think that a lot of my pregnancy symptoms have been exacerbated by my poor diet (inconsistent energy levels, constipation, heart burn). I'm eager to try another Whole30 -- I did one back in October/November, and it was such an encouraging, liberating, and, well, HEALTHY experience.

My next appointment with my midwife is on the 6th, and I plan on asking her "permission" then. Luckily, my midwife is very focused on green living, gut health, and dark leafy greens, so I think she'll give me her enthusiastic approval.

I am starting week 14 and feel like I am JUST getting my eating back under control. I'd love to try to follow with you starting Monday. I had 3 months of carbs, carbs and carbs with no control. I did the whole 30 twice in the Fall and it was great. I'd love to try it again to keep the next 6 months under control. I'm concerned because I'm constantly starving.... I think I'm going to have to include more fruit then I did in the Fall. This is exciting!

Hi - I'd love to start with you! I am 21 weeks and have a similar situation - gained 75 pounds with my last pregnancy and had to work my booty off last time around to lose it all. Just about the time I lost the last pounds (a year later) I found out I was pregnant again. I swore this time would be different and set a weight gain goal of 25 pounds, but as of my appointment Friday I found out I've gained 18 pounds already.

I wanted to try eating cleaner without cutting calories and restricting my baby's needs, and this seemed like a good goal.

Anyone have any good recipes that my family will eat along with me?

If you like Asian, I found a WONDERFUL Stir fry soup that I made Friday that was divine! I really liked it and so did my husband and toddler. http://halfindiancook.com/chicken-stir-fry/ It lists tamari, gluten free soy sauce and Coconut Aminos as options for flavoring.. of course, I went with the aminos! I did add extra salt to boost the saltiness that I was looking for and I also added some ginger to help with my tummy but it was soooo good!!

Im so encouraged by all of you joining! i started this morning, and am looking forward to dinner! (sausage and red pepper tomato sauce with spaghetti sqaush!) i have been trying to plan my meals ahead because the nearest health food store to my town is 40 miles away. so if you guys need recipes or ideas just ask! :) also, I could not find coconut aminos, are liquid aminos the same thing?

OMgawsh, i just posted about this same thing!! I gained about 55 with my first and I swore this time would be different. I am only 6 weeks in and the nausea is kicking my butt. Thankfully, I have been able to make better choices so far, but I know I have a lot of weeks to go before the "all-day" sickness goes away. I will certainly start today, right now! BLAH, i feel gross :)

Ladies, I had a baby over a year ago and I had the WORST morning sickness the first 4 months. Like couldn't get out of bed most days because I felt so awful. It was a huge shock, after my first relatively easy pregnancy. I had food aversions with my first and some smells bothered me, but the second was all out war.

A few things that helped me = Ginger tea, first thing in the morning with protein. You aren't going to want protein. You might even think if you eat it, it's not going to stay where it's suppose to, but it really does help, and the more days you do it, the better it gets.

Obviously don't fall into the trap of crackers, toast..... bleh, it makes it so much worse!

Bone Broth

Sweet potatoes

Smoothies (not technically approved, BUT if it's coming back up..... it doesn't hurt as much, there are no chunks, and it taste exactly the same coming up as it did going down

I

Good Luck ladies!

• 1 month later...

I am SOOOOOO with you!

I was a strict vegan when I got pregnant with my first son four years ago. At 5'9", I weighed about 135 pounds. My midwives discourage veganism while pregnant, and once I got that first taste of dairy in my mouth, I totally lost my mind. I didn't eat much other than ice cream and cherry 7-up throughout my pregnancy...and I weighed in at 215 when I went into labor. I never lost it all.

When I found out I was pregnant again around Christmas, I swore this pregnancy would be different. I've tried to eat reasonably healthy...in spurts...but I'm now in my 24th week and have already gained 25 pounds. I haven't had even the slightest bout of morning sickness this time around, but I wish I did - maybe then I wouldn't want to eat everything that isn't attached to the ground.

The horrid swelling I had last time is starting to kick in...ditto on the heart burn. I'm ballooning out everywhere: ass, arms, calves, thighs, chest, you name it...I even have rolls creeping onto my back.

The first time around, I was so used to being thin that I just assumed the extra weight would magically disappear after I had my son. Not so. Even worse than feeling fat is being too heavy and lethargic to lug around the extra body weight. I feel like I'm dragging 50 lbs weights from each of my ankles when I walk around and can barely stay awake long enough to get my son bathed and put to bed.

I'm hesitant to cut out dairy as a protein source while preggo, especially since I'm not a huge fan of meaty textures, but I know that the way my body feels right now isn't healthy, so I'm going to give Whole30 a shot.

Ladies, if you know of any easy Whole30-friendly recipes for busy moms who are also terrible cooks, hook me up with some links! :)

Archived