Flavored Coffee

BrandonT

I'm afraid I'd really have to know more about what was in it before I could even hazard a guess. A lot of things that say sugar free contain artificial sweeteners. What flavour is it and what make is it and we might be able to track down a website for it to try and get some more information.

Well I found their website http://lolacc.com/ they don't seem to have any info on what sort of flavourings they're using natural? artificial? sweeteners? They do say things like 'it's as if a candy bar melted in your cup' and 'this coffee eliminates the need for the cookie' and that was just the first two I looked at. There are contact details on the page, both email and phone numbers so you could contact them and ask whats in them.

• 7 months later...

I talked to them today about their Texas Pecan flavor (includes pecan flavor & actual pecans).  They said the flavor comes from an alcohol they pour over the coffee to draw out the moisture.  The alcohol evaporates & leaves a pecan flavor.  Then they put actual pecans in with it.  He said there is a minuscule amount of sugar in the alcohol, but it's so little it has been approved for diabetics.  So is this a no go or go?  

Sorry, but the alcohol used to bring out the flavor of this coffee would rule it out for the Whole30. (It's probably not a big deal post-Whole30, though.)

Melissa

Melissa,

I have asked multiple times about the almond vanilla extract in the Fancy Pants Pears, with inconsistent responses.  What say you about this recipe?

Many thanks,

Nico

Vanilla extract is one of those kind of silly technicalities that I hate to have to say no to, but for consistency sake, it's a no. All vanilla extracts are made with alcohol, which would rule them out for the Whole30. Do I think the alcohol in your vanilla extract is going to mess with your Whole30 results? No. But we have to keep the rules clear and easy to follow.

Melissa

• 2 weeks later...

Archived