Reintroduction and sugar?

I wanted to see if someone can clarify for me how sugar plays into the reintroduction. In the book it seemed like it was okay to mix in with dairy, etc. How we will know if it's the dairy or sugar that causes a reaction? I'm specifically concerned about it for my husband because we think sugar is a suspect on its own for his eczema flares.

Thoughts?

I would stay compliant and just introduce sugar on it's own, that way you can pin point if it really is sugar. I would add it back into your diet in some form for a few days straight... that way you can give your body time to react, if it is going to. Good Luck!

P.S. There is a thread around about sugar it's effects on emotions (I turn into a blubbering basket case)... Might be worth checking out!

Sugar isn't usually something people react to except to awaken the sugar dragon. In your husband's case, I would reintroduce it separately. Maybe since it is so suspect for him, start with sugar so there is no possible way to murky up his results. Dairy and gluten were my suspect items so I had a big two week space between the two.

I disagree with the above comment. I get very anxious, angry, depressed and break out horribly with sugar in my diet. I would call that a reaction to sugar.

Does he drink tea or coffee? If he is already consuming either of these, have him try adding sugar to his drink that way it is pretty isolated. Or, do the horrible thing my parents do and add sugar to a fruit salad. ;)

I also thought sugar wasn't a big reactionary thing for me (I know dairy and grains effect me HORRIBLY) but I was WRONG. I had a lot of sugar over my birthday weekend and have had a huge acne breakout the past 5-6 days. This is totally abnormal as I maybe broke out with one or two spots a few times a year but now I have like 6-7 spots and they are bad news...

Definitely try to reintro sugar separately from dairy and grains... Maybe make some paleo treats. There are about a million recipes online for these. Good luck!

I disagree with the above comment. I get very anxious, angry, depressed and break out horribly with sugar in my diet. I would call that a reaction to sugar.

Does he drink tea or coffee? If he is already consuming either of these, have him try adding sugar to his drink that way it is pretty isolated. Or, do the horrible thing my parents do and add sugar to a fruit salad.

Casey I said in general. I didn't say never or to no one. I also suggested he introduce it separately since it clearly is an issue for him.

Archived