Vegetables in the morning

sindeem

I had a hard time at first too. For me, the easiest thing was sauteed mushrooms, two handfuls of spinsch and then I would throw in my eggs and scramble the whole thing up. Now, I can eat any veggie first thing in the morning but it took me a bit to get used to it.

• Moderators

I actually like good sauerkraut with scrambled eggs, but it took a few years to even think of doing such a thing. I started with baking eggs with chopped onions, fresh spinach, diced tomatoes, and sliced mushrooms at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

I like to line a muffin tin with coconut oil then with procuitto, and fill it up half way with whatever veggies I have laying around(Mushrooms, chard, onion, carrots, broccoli, spinach, peppers, tomato ect ect) Whisk up some eggs and pour over the top; Bake @ 375 till firm 15 minutes or so. Tasty, portable deliciousness. Breakfast has been the hardest for me overall as I drive an hour one way to work, but these babies rock the road pretty good! That and sweet potato cinnamon latkes. Good Luck!

Omelettes. Easy way to get some in there. I also make a breakfast casserole. A dozen eggs, a pound of cooked bacon, sausage, or seasoned ground beef, and a thawed package of chopped spinach, squeezed dry. Then I add whatever is around that strikes my fancy--tomato, onion, mushroom, peppers, etc. Beat it all up, pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish and cook at 350 for 50 minutes. Let cool a few minutes, and cut into portions. Wrap individually and refrigerate or freeze. The reheat well in the micro.

My favorite is The Clothes Make The Girl golden cauliflower soup. I can eat this creamy soup every morning for breakfast, no problem. My mom actually made some for her supper and didn't like it, but in the morning with some Penzey's Tsardust Memories and/or a crumbled slic of bacon, she likes it as much as I do! Here is the recipe:

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/10/24/golden-cauliflower-soup/

Archived