Uses for your homemade olive oil mayo?

I use mine for tuna and making salad dressing (Italian recipe dressing in Well Fed). W30-friendly salad dressing is one of the hardest things to find in stores, in my opinion.

I mix with mustard to put on boiled or Scotch eggs, make Ranch or cumin-chili-lime sauce/dressing, mix into tuna or chicken salads, use instead of sour cream in things like creamy cucumber dill salad...there are so many possibilities, I make a quart at a time!

Has anyone ever doubled the recipe in the ISWF book? Does that mess up the emulsion process?

I use that recipe as my inspiration but don't follow it exactly- like I use whole eggs and the coconut oil that stays liquid when it's cold- and have successfully doubled it that way. However, my blender gets hot from dribbling in the oil SO slowly so I'm just going to make it twice a week if we run out...or eat less.

Has anyone ever doubled the recipe in the ISWF book? Does that mess up the emulsion process?

There was another thread on this today. I have doubled it and it comes out perfect.

applegate has an all beef hotdog that's compliant - the BEST to have in a pinch!

after posting this I ended up making cod for lunch - and grabbed some of my mayo, a little fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, and dried dill...it was AMAZING! super easy sauce...

Archived