Halfway there and inspiring my friends and family!

Jill M Edwards

Today is day 15 and what a difference two weeks can make in a life.

This time has literally flown by and I am still feeling "freakishly fantastic" I cannot believe how bad I truly felt "pre" whole30. It is as though I just had become acustom to feeling bad, the fog is lifting and I am feeling very attuned to my body.

I have a GINOURMOUS family, my mother was one of 12 kids, yikes! I started posting how it was literally transforming my life on my FB page, probably starting around day 4, my friends and family were immediately intrigued and at this point 3 branches of this ginourmous family have either started Whole30 or will be starting in the next week. I have some friends who purchased your book immediately and I just sent 3 more folks to your webpage. I am so excited for them!

At day 10 I had regular customers at my coffeeshop coming in and commenting on how great I looked and asking me why, what was I doing to cause these changes. When I tell them it is Whole30, they can't wait to look into it.

To date this is how I am doing:

sleeping amazingly well, I am now a recovering insomniac.

I was a Snorey McSnorerson, in the past week, my husband told me he thought I was dead one night because i wasn't snoring and I was sleeping so deeply that I didn't wake to the smallest of noises like usual.

Asthma, have only used my inhaler once (due to an unfortunate soy accident a few days ago), I used to use it at least once a day.

Excema all but gone

Plantar Faciaitis pain that I have suffered with for over 2 years GONE.

Mental clarity, like I said, the fog is lifting

Fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear in over 4 years

Finally enough energy to get back into exercise, which makes me feel even better!

I feel almost like a religious zealot, when I watch my sister, or sister in law make a plate of food I almost need to be physically restrained from saying, "I have seen the light and the way, and I can tell you 10 reasons not to put any of that fuel into your body!!!"

Thank you Whole30! Cheers to the next 15!

Jill Edwards

I was a Snorey McSnorerson, in the past week, my husband told me he thought I was dead one night because i wasn't snoring and I was sleeping so deeply that I didn't wake to the smallest of noises like usual.

This made me laugh.

Great job changing the world one family member at a time!

Day 16:

breakfast: left over steak heated up with coconut oil, leeks, portabellas, and asparagus.

2 cups of coffee with coconut milk

Lunch: Ribeye steak with salad and mixed veggies

Snack: 1 date rolled in unsweetened coconut flakes, 1 Mango ( I spent the day baking for my coffee shop and used this as a FIX instead of licking the batter out of the empty bowls or eating raw salted caramel chocolate chip cookie bars)

Dinner: Making grilled Chicken breast, mixed salad and tomatoes.

Day 17:

pre-workout snack at 5 a.m. 1 hard boiled egg.

Step aerobics for an hour

Breakfast: Left over Greek Beef Stew served with collard greens from theclothesmakethegirl.com (yummy!!!) coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch: got home about 2 hours later that I planned, STARVING! ate the rest of the Greek Beef Stew with collards AND three scrambled eggs with coconut milk with avocado AND my kids pre-packaged apple slices dipped in a little left over coconut milk.

Not sure what's for dinner yet, but it is sure that is will be amazing....

Day 19, 11 to go:

1 hardboiled egg pre-family 3 mile run

Brunch: Shrimp, spinach, Leek and egg and coconut milk scramble topped with avocado.

Snack, 1/4 serving of plantain chips

Dinner: Chicken breast, mixed greens, edible flowers, onion, jicima, with a dressing made with Tahini, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, garlic mint and olive oil! Yummy.

Feeling great.

Day 20,

I was sooo sleepy today, it is the first time since the very beginning that I felt sluggish, I didn't sleep well last night, there are record temperatures in Wyoming and the smoke from the forest fires in Colorado comes in through the windows if you open them for air. Holy Hot!

Looking forward to lower temperatures tonight and hopefully some sleep!

Breakfast: Chicken breast with 1/2 sweet potato, coffee with coconut cream.

Lunch: Big Salad with jicima, tomato, lettuce mix Chicken breast homemade salad dressing from last night

Dinner: Steamed broccoli with Hollandaise (made with clarified butter, AHMAZING), left over big salad with dressing from lunch minus the chicken, quick pan fried tilapia fillet.

Found the recipe on Jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com

Hollandaise:

Makes enough sauce for 2-3 Servings

2 Egg Yolks

3 T. Water

1/4 C. Olive Oil (regular olive oil will have less flavor than EVOO) or Clarified Butter

Juice of 1/2 Fresh Lemon, more or less to taste

Sea Salt, to taste

1. In a small sauce pan, over low heat, whisk egg yolks and water until smooth and creamy. Add more water (1T. at a time), if needed.
  2. While whisking, stream in oil.
  3. Add sea salt and lemon juice, to taste.
  4. If the hollandaise begins to separate, add more water and whisk.

I used clarified butter, and it was awesome.

Paleomom,

I will probably live a pretty strict Paleo-Whole30 lifestyle, I feel so great, that I don't want to go back to feeling poopy.

Day 21:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with coconut milk and last nights left over broccoli

1 cup of coffee with coconut milk

30 minute crossfit class, oh boy.

Lunch: Roasted chicken, sweet potato, salad, I was sooo hungry! My day got away from me.

Dinner: Triple Coconut crab cakes and salad.

Contemplating desert, raspberries and blueberries with coconut milk

Day 24

Breakfast, 3 eggs scrambled with frozen squash cooked in and a little coconut milk

Lunch, Chicken breast with avocado lettuce and tomatoes

Dinner, big pile of lettuce, tomatoes, onions and a hamburger patty cooked and placed on top, then a squirt or 5 of mustard.

My kiddos are in bed, and I am tired, but stuck waiting for my neighbor to come home, she is out at a party celebrating her moving to a new city tomorrow, my hubby and I are staying awake watching her daughter. I am contemplating making myself a little snack of some fruit, I haven't had any today.

Archived