Are headaches possibly from sweet potato?

Hi! This is weird, but could sweet potatoes be causing me headaches? On the 3 occasions I've had them, I have gotten headaches after eating. I have also had roast chicken on those 3 occasions, but it couldn't be that, right? All I put in the chicken was salt, pepper, and olive oil.

Any help appreciated!

Elizabeth

What else are you having at that meal? I'm curious about fats, fluids, and other veggies. I guess I'd also be curious about the time of day.

If you do think it is the sweet potato, I guess you could try having it at another meal to see. You could do the same with the chicken.

Thanks, everyone! I'm on Day 5, so I suppose it could be anything. I have had sweet potato at lunch and dinner, and just had some for breakfast, so we'll see. I've had it with sauteed kale and brussel sprouts, in olive and coconut oil, and all my meals are with large glasses of water. I'll keep experimenting and get to the bottom of this!

• 4 years later...

Yes, I have a headache now after eating sweet potatoes. This has happened before and sweet potatoes are EXTREMELY high in oxalates. So if your body has an issue breaking down oxalates or you had kidney stone history or issues you can get sick from having too much oxalates. Google low oxalate diet. It's also very high in spinach and other fruits and veg. Very low in meat and dairy.

Archived