Home stretch and extinction strikes

So here I've been all Zen and philosophical and everything more or less for three weeks, and today, Day 22, after dealing with DST and a half foot of snow yesterday without a blip on the radar, this morning I would dive head-first into a pan of sticky buns could I get the car out of the driveway and get to the bakery, where I would very likely add a chocolate croissant, and a raisin one, and probably a couple of cupcakes. Yesterday I would not have been able to tell you what they used to do for me. Today I am hunting around for a bun-shaped syringe. And I do not feel like there is a single lesson I've learned, nor want to learn, nor anything else. JUST GIVE ME SWEET DOUGH AND CHOCOLATE.

Okay? How does that sound?

Grrrrrr!!!!

I have no advice, but I feel your pain. On my first Whole30, I got sugar craving right about Day 23 or so, and they drove me crazy and then they disappeared again. Cabin fever with the snow probably doesn't help either. Just hang in there the best you can and this too shall pass.

Thank you very much. It's really distressing today for some reason. I think part of it is knowing that I'm not going to stuff my feelings with food, and I really, really wish I could do that. Sounds whiny! But that's where I am at the moment. Really appreciate this encouragement.

Yep that sounds about right! I feel your pain too!

Be patient with it. (I know easier said than done). Know that you will come through the other side eventually.

I was just so happening to be staying with my mom that week. And it was my brother's birthday. So my mom bought a birthday cake for him. And every time I opened the fridge I was faced with this cake....... Grrrr. My mom's way of consoling me - well it didn't taste THAT good.....

I am on Day 23 of my first whole 30. Up until yesterday I was full of peace and calm so excited about my results so far. Yesterday (day 22), for some reason I'm impatient with EVERYBODY and wondering what the heck I'm doing. Thanks for sharing, I was beginning to think I had gone mad! I read that it's our brain's last ditch effort to reel us back into the "pleasure zone".

I've noticed that almost every single thing that is warned about, I've thought would not likely happen to me, and then, boom! There it is. So helpful to hear you found the same thing for you, then, too. Hopefully by tomorrow or so, we'll be back in the saddle. I already decided not to answer the phone if my daughter calls today--don't think I'd be at all patient enough!

Wow! Me too! I'm on day 23 and this past weekend, I would have killed for some candy... jelly bellies, hot tamales, red hots, cherry heads. That real cheap sugary candy. I thought I was losing it. I'm thinking, "why am I craving these items all of a sudden?" I'm certainly glad to know that I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Haha yes! I did my 30 in January and the last weekend I was on I had a show I had been preparing a month for that went so well and everyone was drinking wine and eating chocolate and I felt like pulling out my hair and running into walls. It really showed me that food is definitely a "reward" for me. Anyway, I daydreamed about chocolate for days after. I feel for ya!

Archived