Day 31 - The Good and the Not-So-Good

Katelyn

Well, here I am on Day 31! These past 30 days seemed to go by so fast. I can't believe that I'm done!

Here's the good and the not so good from my Whole30 experience:

The Good:

- MY SKIN. Holy cow. My skin looks pretty awesome. I didn't really break out all month, except during my period, which is to be expected. I got two tiny pimples a few days ago, but they're already gone. My skin never heals that quickly. Usually I get a pimple and the mark lasts a few months on my skin.

- I'm sleeping really well. I've never really had a problem with sleeping though. But regardless, it's still nice to be sleeping well. Though I still don't find it much easier to wake up in the mornings.

- I discovered a major caffeine sensitivity. Even if I drink coffee in the morning, I won't sleep that night. So I've cut back to all decaf coffee and tea, which has helped to improve my sleep quality.

- I no longer crave anything. I walked into work this morning to see a plate of fresh baked cookies, and I didn't even care. I don't want them. Their delicious taste is not worth the torture that the flour/sugar/dairy will cost my body.

- I'm not addicted to anything. Pre-Whole30, I was addicted to bread, cheese, coffee, and processed foods. I don't really care for any of that anymore, except for decaf coffee.

- From what I measured, I lost 8.5 inches from my body this month. Not bad. I definitely can't tell a difference, and my clothes are not fitting any better from what I can tell. So that number surprised me. I lose 2 inches from my waist, 2 from my hips, and 2 from my chest, as well as a little more here and there.

- I've been working out consistently(ish). I've been more consistent than I've ever been, so that's great. I have the energy in the afternoon (usually) to do a workout after work.

- I feel more clear-headed. Pre Whole30, some days I would just feel in a "fog" all day. I'd have little to no energy and would just feel like I needed to close my eyes. Now I usually have energy to last me through the day.

The Not-So-Good:

- Digestion. I've never really had a problem with digestion before, until now. I was hoping that by the end of the 30 days, my body would've sorted itself out, but nope. I used to have BM 1-2 times a day, and now I only have them every few days. And for the volume of food I'm putting in my body, I should be digesting much faster. My BM are not regular in the least bit, and even when I have them, they aren't like they should be.

- Weight loss. I only lost 7lbs (yes I did end up checking). For how much I have to lose, I'm definitely disappointed in only losing 7lbs. I even stayed away from fruit and nuts for the most part, just to make sure that I would be helping my body lose weight.

So there you have it! My Whole30 is complete. If it wasn't for the digestion and weight loss, I would be extremely impressed. I'm still definitely happy with my results though. I would like to keep going, but next Friday I have to be on a bus for two weeks, so I figured that I should go ahead and reintroduce. I can always start another Whole30 when I get back.

I can't believe I finished!

• Moderators

Congratulations!

The digestion stuff can take a while to work out, but it is strange that your bowel movements are irregular now and were regular before. Lots of factors can influence that - need more fat, more water, less stress, etc. The irregularity may reflect digestion problems from increased protein or fat. You might need a digestive enzyme to help you for a while. Now Foods Super Enzymes are popular and useful.

I like your plan of reintroducing before your bus trip.

Archived