Day 15: cravings and illness (a cold)

Well, it's day 15 over and I've spent the last 7 days fighting a monstrous cold (bordering on flu like symptoms: aches, pains, congestion, fever) but am on the mend now. Really, really, really struggling with cravings for sugar, which is strange because up until about day 12 I was absolutely fine.

My resolve is starting to wane (it hasn't caved yet) but I keep thinking "ah well, 15 days isn't bad, I'll just knock it n the head now and restart when I feel better", but then I come to my senses!

Anyone been having these problems at the half way mark?

Karen x

Hi, I didn't have a cold but took really ill with a dose of enteritis half way through my first W30. Like you I felt like throwing in the towel but then I thought 'If I feel this bad and I'm eating good food, how much worse will I feel eating crap?' I'm glad you're on the mend, I think you'll find now you are getting better the cravings will get easier and subside. Hang in there, you can do it. Good luck

Hi there! I'm on day 10. Around about day 7 or 8 I started to get a cold. Now it is full blown! Fevery, snotty, headachy, low energy. This is my second Whole30 and both times I wound up with an awful cold. I've been scouring the internet trying to find out if it is detox or just a really lame coincidence.

I haven't really been dealing with sugar cravings. But I have been having about one piece of fruit per day which is probably more than is a good idea. I haven't been super strict about the fruit since this is my second go of it.

One thing that really helps me with sugar cravings when I do get them is cinnamon. It naturally balances blood sugar. I usually mix about a teaspoon with a bit of almond butter and eat it plain or with a carrot or celery.

Archived