Camping food ideas...

michellet

Hi! My husband and I are on day 22 and feeling so good! We are leaving for a wedding and extended camping trip with the rest of his family next week. I think our day 30 will be the second day of the trip. We're leaving northern WI and heading for Fort Collins, CO, then UT and AZ and more CO. But we'll be doing our dinners together. They all eat the standard american fare. So I need ideas for easy whole 9 meals for husband and I. I've stocked up on nuts and am dehydrating bananas & sweet potatoes to have quick, easy snacks. Foods that are easy to pack like carrot sticks, celery sticks, onions and ground beef. I could use your help and ideas please.

Thanks, Michelle T

Camping and eating healthy is easy, luckily. Well, that is particularly true if you're doing the standard camping where you have a cooler and plan on cooking. I guess backpacking would be a little different, if you're doing any of that.

When I've gone camping, I've just pre-diced up veggies and sealed them in plastic bags so it is easy to cook them. I'm blanking on the name, but there are veggie trays you can get for the grill you can bring. We cover ours in foil to make it easy to clean.

We usually go kayaking or canoeing, so we spend a lot of time on the river. For that part of the day, I pre-cook steak and cut it up for a handy snack. I also take kale chips for the river, but be warned, they make the whole cooler smell weird. Not bad, just weird. Canned fish and fruit are good to have too.

Camping and eating healthy is easy, luckily. Well, that is particularly true if you're doing the standard camping where you have a cooler and plan on cooking. I guess backpacking would be a little different, if you're doing any of that.

When I've gone camping, I've just pre-diced up veggies and sealed them in plastic bags so it is easy to cook them. I'm blanking on the name, but there are veggie trays you can get for the grill you can bring. We cover ours in foil to make it easy to clean.

We usually go kayaking or canoeing, so we spend a lot of time on the river. For that part of the day, I pre-cook steak and cut it up for a handy snack. I also take kale chips for the river, but be warned, they make the whole cooler smell weird. Not bad, just weird. Canned fish and fruit are good to have too.

I love to marinate meat and freeze it - doubles as an extra ice-pack in the cooler and great for keeping cold on an extended trip.

Foil packets full of meat and veggies thrown on the fire are soooo good!

For me the key is to prep a bunch of veggies and meat ahead of time so it's quick and easy - this way I'm not tempted to cheat and eat other's food.

Applegate Farms makes a yummy Whole30 compliant hotdog.

PureWrap coconut wraps with lunchmeat, cucumber and avocado are delicious and a great quick lunch option.

And can I just say that Coconut "chips" are ah-maaaazing. Such a great snack and my new popcorn replacement;)

I love to marinate meat and freeze it - doubles as an extra ice-pack in the cooler and great for keeping cold on an extended trip.

Foil packets full of meat and veggies thrown on the fire are soooo good!

For me the key is to prep a bunch of veggies and meat ahead of time so it's quick and easy - this way I'm not tempted to cheat and eat other's food.

Applegate Farms makes a yummy Whole30 compliant hotdog.

PureWrap coconut wraps with lunchmeat, cucumber and avocado are delicious and a great quick lunch option.

And can I just say that Coconut "chips" are ah-maaaazing. Such a great snack and my new popcorn replacement;)

Coconut "chips"? Where do I find the recipe for that?

Archived