Jen's Post W30 Log

pjena

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made 5 yoga classes in 48 hours!  It was awesome.  But, I was starting to feel it in my low back so I chose not to go this morning.  I have to get in as many as I can because it looks like I'll be working through next weekend and likely traveling the week after that.  Ick.  I also got all my errands and bills and other regular chores done. 

Kitchen 1 week down 10 to go.  I'm making do very well, if I do say so myself.  Although, I discovered that I can't run the Ninja, the Griddler and the microwave at the same time or I'll blow the fuse.  I'll just have to be a bit more strategic.  I moved the crockpot to a different part of the basement, which is on a separate fuse, and that helped.  They finished the demo last week and this week will work on putting in the steel beam and taking down the load bearing well. 

NS15.  Doing well just eating normally and no special occasions this past week/weekend to trip me up.  And the stress level is way down.  Though, I think the work situation is going to push the stress level way back up and traveling and all day meetings are going to mess with my preferred foods.  I'll just do what I can.  Ugh! 

I wish us all a calm week.

A blissful night in the middle of a remodel - go you!

I hope work is less stressful that you think it is going to be, although traveling always adds a layer of complexity.  Good luck.

Yay for Yoga!   :)

I really am impressed with how well you are handling things, now that they are actually under way.  Anticipation can be the worst stressor!

• Moderators

Don't you hate that just when you need yoga the most is when you can't seem to squeeze it in?

Boooo to lower back pain.

I continue to be impressed by how you're navigating your makeshift kitchen. Keep up the good work, lady!

Thanks, ladies.  September was brutal.  I did not handle it well.  But, now that we're able to settle into a routine, I seem to be much better.  With 10 weeks to go, I'm sure I'll hit a few rough patches, but, hopefully, it won't be too bad.

• Moderators

I think the countdown will help you. I teach in 10-week terms, and at the start of this term I told myself, "It's only 10 weeks!" Now we're on week 4 and I can't believe how quickly it's flown by. The deeper in you get the quicker it goes . . . even with rough patches!

I ate some of the ham bean soup I made for the family.  It was good, but I'm kind of gassy today.  Good to remember and limit beans. :)

I also worked late and didn't get to yoga.  Sad.  But, the silver lining is that I was able to get 10yo to bed early rather than have him hanging out at husband's scout committee meeting.  That is better for all of us!

I plan to go tonight.

5 yoga classes in 48 hours??!!  That sounds great.  I am so impressed at how creative you are being at cooking without a kitchen.  Btw, I saw someone leaving Target the other day with a Ninja and thought of you!  

I'm still here.  This week has been so busy at work.  Just crazy stressful.  I managed, though, and am looking forward to the weekend.  I'll likely be working some at home, but not all day both days in the office like I thought at one point.  Much better to be home and have some flexibility to go to yoga. :)  Priorities! 

I have a girls night Sunday, so there will probably be wine, but I'll do my best to not give into temptation and have dessert and to make good choices.  I'm feeling really good right now and don't want to ruin it.  It seems like offroads take weeks to fully recover from. 

Everyone around me is sick.  Well, not my family, knock on wood, but everyone at work.  I'm loading up on the VitC and zinc and tea and trying to relax and breathe.  I am NOT getting enough sleep, though.  I need to try to fix that this weekend.  I don't have time to be sick!

Have a good weekend, all!

• Moderators

Priorities, yes! Good for you. Sleep is pretty much at the top of my priority list anymore. Makes life so much more manageable. 

I hope you enjoy your weekend as much as possible, especially your girls' night!

Happy Monday.  I had a nice weekend.  I worked plenty, but was able to do it on my own time. I made it to an awesome yoga class Saturday and a regular, but still good, class Sunday.  I managed a walk Sunday, too.  The weather was too nice to stay in all day.  I did laundry, cooked/processed veg, ran errands.  Finally was inspired with a birthday gift idea for my 13 yr old.  He's impossible - needs and wants nothing, but doesn't want to actually get nothing. :)  I got him a clock radio/ipod dock.  I think he'll like that.  Food was pretty good.  No sweets/desserts at all.  Not too much nutbutter.  Plenty of wine one night. :) 

NS22 today!  Jeans felt comfortable Friday.  Managing my stress level.  NOT getting enough sleep.  I need to work on that, but don't see how in the coming week or so.  I'll do my best.

Since you are managing everything else so well, hopefully the less than stellar sleep won't mess you up too badly.

We have the same issue with my son - hard to come up with things to get him.  The things he does want are expensive and ridiculous - laptop, another gaming system, etc.  What you picked sounds great!

We give money these days... My son likes to buy his own expensive branded clothes. We offset this by what we would have spent and he pays the balance from birthday money. Have also started giving movie double passes, they selects a friend to go with and we organise the transport etc. For my daughter we bought a $500 sewing machine which we put $100 towards then birthdays and Xmas she puts some of her present towards paying off the debt plus earns off against the debt by mending and making things for us. You might be able to extend that idea to something big your son wants?

I'm still here.  Work is very busy.  I'm headed to NY this afternoon, coming back Friday night, going back Monday super early and home next Thursday.  Stinks!  And, today is 13yo's (13!!!!!!!) birthday and I won't be home for it. :(   He was really good about it.  We celebrated this morning with presents and donuts (well, not me...).  He liked his ipod dock/radio and the fact that with that comes the ipod living in his room instead of living in the family room.  A little more responsibility and trust with being 13.  It's just a bummer to not get to celebrate tonight as we'd planned.  Oh well. Nothing to be done now. 

So, with the next week being all travel and work and stress and likely not sleeping well in hotels and missing my family, I know I need to take care of myself.  Plans is to make the best food choices I can, limit alcohol, skip desserts entirely, use the travel yoga mat I packed, and just to my best to get through it.  I packed my de+stress aromatherapy stick from my stepmother, my yoga mat, and magnesium.  And some zinc losenges just in case.  Fingers crossed I stay healthy.  My boss has been horribly sick and he's coming along.  I will try to stay far away from him!

Kitchen is coming along.  By the time I come up for air at the end of next week, it'll be 4 weeks down and 7 to go!  They're finishing up the electrical and insultation this week, hopefully getting the inspections for those done this week, and starting drywall Monday.  Then, it will start looking better.  Still a long way to go, but coming along on schedule, at least.

I'll try to stop in to remind myself to be good!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back!  What a whirlwind week and a half!  I left Wednesday, came back late Friday, spent the weekend entertaining a friend, left again early Monday and just got back today.  I'm so happy to be back! 

I didn't want to go, but since I was there, I am glad to say I made time to see a few things.  I'd never been to NY, so it was fun to see Grand Central Station, Central Park, Times Square, Rockerfeller Center, Broadway, the 9/11 memorial, etc. 

We had long days of boring meetings (I counted 18 men in suits at 2 of the meetings! - bound to be boring!) followed by team dinners.  There was so much food!  Pastries/muffins in the mornings, sandwiches at lunch and cookies in the afternoon.  And fruit with all.  Then long fancy work dinners.  I'm really happy with how I did in the face of all that temptation.  I ate HB eggs and yogurt at the hotel most mornings and never touched the pastries.  I ate sandwich insides over salad for lunch each day.  I never touched the cookies in the afternoons (that took all my willpower!).  I did graze on too much fruit, but considering the temptations sitting there in front of me ALL DAY LONG, I am happy.  I did have wine and a bite or two of dessert most nights.  I felt awkward not having any as they were ordered for the table to share.  I am giving myself a pass on that.  Traveling and being away from home is stressful enough.  I needed to go with the flow sometimes.  Plus, after a long day, that glass of wine was very welcome.  And, I never just threw in the towel.  I didn't dive into cookies.  I didn't order whole desserts for myself.  I didn't buy junk at the airport.  (well, there may have been trail mix on the first flight, but it made me feel icky, so I didn't do that again!)  I bought a couple kombuchas and green juices (needed something green!). 

I walked a lot, of course, and did yoga in my room just once.  I was so tired after a long day that went right through a long dinner that I just crashed. 

Even though I feel like I did very well, I feel kind of blah and bloated and digestion was off and I am so happy to be home and to just eat normally for a whlie.  No big dinners.  No wine.  No dairy (had too much yogurt and cream in my coffee).  No too much fruit.  Just normal.  I can't wait for eggs and kale tomorrow morning!!! :) 

Hopefully, I can catch up with everyone shortly.  I will try to be on more often to get myself back on track. 

Having a bit of trouble getting back on track.  I ate some popcorn (pretty clean ingredient list, but still) at a meeting and now my poor belly is bloated and not happy.  But, at least it's not sugar.  :)  Today is NS1.  I made it to NS24 before the traveling came up.  I want to get back to just eating what I eat and stop the grazing I got into a bit while traveling.  So, NS at all (until it's really worth it, I guess) and watch the grazing, snacking and, of course, nut butter, which I didn't have while traveling, but tends to creep back in when I cut out other things.  We have a Halloween party tomorrow night.  I will just not eat or drink anything.  That seems to work best.  I'll eat at home and then sip kombucha during the party.  It's easier to just not start.  Last year, I ate nothing and still gained weight just from looking at the food. LOL  I have plenty of yoga planned.  That will help me start to feel better, too.

Kitchen update - when I left Monday, it was studs.  When I came home yesterday, it was drywall.  Quite the change!.  But, also, what a mess!  My house is a disaster.  There is dust and ick everywhere and I have piles of laundry to do.  That will probably take all weekend.  Anyway, 4 weeks down, 7 to go.  They finish the drywall and do the primer next week and then start cabinets! 

Jen, so glad to see you back!  You definitely did well.  Those kind of trips are incredibly hard.  But clean eating after that always feels good.  I had too much almond butter on Friday and thought of you!  Ha ha!

I'm not surprised you had a bit of trouble getting back into the routine.  It is so easy to get in the bad habit of snacking.  Hopefully the weekend resulted in getting back to regular meals (eggs and kale!) and away from snacking.

I made sure I only bought Halloween candy I don't like to give out to the kids.  I'm sure my son will bring some in that I like, but I'm pretty sure I can avoid it, especially if it is tucked right into the pantry, out of sight, out of mind.

Hopefully the drywall going up was the messiest part of the kitchen remodel and things will be much cleaner going forward.  Must be exciting to see the the drywall up.  I finally got a handle on my laundry this weekend.  Amazing how quickly it backs up!

I'm impressed with the great job you did while traveling.  Give yourself a pat on the back, traveling is tough!

Archived