Jen's Post W30 Log

pjena

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst night sleep yet.  Ugh!  I am going to skip yoga tonight and get to bed early and hope for a better night tonight.  AF is about to start.  That could be part of it.  I also have a small cold sore.  And am super snacky.  The snacky thing is probably due to poor sleep and AF coming.  I managed to stay out of the candy, though, and ate carrots and AB instead.  Not great, but considering I have 4 gallons of candy in the house, I'm ok with it.  Goal today is to stay out of the snacks and get to bed early.

I have to pick paint colors but I'm never home during the daylight!  That's annoying.  I am going to try to leave early today to work on it before it gets dark.  Work is super busy, so we'll see how that goes over.

We have another problem with the non centered pendants.  One of the 3 is on a soffit and apparently, unlike every other pendant in the world, the one I picked isn't adjustable.  Grrrr.  They're checking with the lighting store to see if they have any suggestions.  If not, we'll just have 2 and move them to be centered both ways on the island.  I'd prefer 3, but this might solve both problems.

They delivered the appliances yesterday.  Why, I have no idea.  So, I now have a refridgerator in my living room where it will sit for several weeks.  And the rest in the garage taking up one of the parking stalls  Grrrr.  And, they start tearing up the stairs today, so that's another mess to deal with.  I can't wait for this to be done.  It better be worth it.

I hope I sleep well tonigth so I'm not so crabby tomorrow!

It makes sense that you are getting crabby now - AF, some unforeseen problems to deal with, and although you are over the hump of the project, you still have a ways to go.  Hang in there, this WILL be worth it.

Get some good sleep tonight!  Let us know what color you decide on.

• Moderators

Yep. Definitely sounds like AF is on her way. Same here, and I made the choice last night to skip yoga in favor of an early bedtime. I was still tired when I woke up this morning!

I am also experimenting with allowing myself to eat enormous portions of good food this week because AF is coming. Especially red meat, greens, and kabocha squash. It has definitely curbed snacking and cravings. I feel enormous, but I always feel enormous before AF. At least I'm nourishing myself with good nutrients and not sweets. I'll keep you posted about the experiment, but so far it's just helping me be more mindful and compassionate with my body and its constant changes. Feeling tired, hungry, and super meh at the gym is no cause for punishment. It's related to AF. And so what it's only taken me nearly 38 years to figure this out. . . .  :rolleyes:

Slightly better night.  I slept until 530, which is an improvement.  I feel like I woke up a lot, though.  I don't go to yoga Thurs nights anyway, so tonight should be a calm, early night, too.  I do have to make candy bar bars for husband to take hunting.  I will not sample! 

530 again.  I hope I can start catching up this weekend. 

I made the bars and didn't sample any!  Oddly, I didn't even want to.  It took some effort to not lick fingers or nibble just because it was there, but I didn't really even want to eat any of the candy or dough.  Weird.  Progress?  Or a fluke?  Either way, I'll take it.

This weekend, husband and 13yo are going hunting (poor 13 yr old doesn't want to go!).  10yo and I are staying home and my mom and stepdad are coming to visit.  10yo is SO excited to have them to himself!  We're going to the new cajun bistro for dinner Sat night.  They have fabulous sweet potato fries and my favorite variety of wine, which most places don't have.  So, I'll indulge there. Otherwise, I plan to eat normally, go to yoga a few times, and try to relax.  Though it's hard to relax in my house right now.  The mess and clutter stresses me out. 

Speaking of house, 6 weeks down and now 6 weeks to go.  Ordering new cabinets put us back a week.  So sad!  And, it's getting too close to Christmas for my liking.  I hope they can do something to speed it up a bit.  If they're still working on Christmas Eve, I will not be happy.  I'm setting my mind to be ok with not decorating.  If I can be in my kitchen for Christmas, even if I don't have time to decorate or even do a tree, I will be ok with that.  And, I won't have everything moved back into the ktichen, but if I can get the furniture moved back in and whatever I need to cook Christmas dinner, I will be fine.  I'll have my beautiful kitchen and the wine I bought in CA.  That's all I need, right?  Trying to stay sane.

Oh, and it's NS12

Fingers all crossed that you will be in your kitchen for Christmas.  It will happen, it will (power of positive thought).

I get that your house is a  bit stressful right now, but I hope you were able to get some rest and relaxation (and yoga!) this weekend!

It's winter!  We got snow overnight and it's supposed to snow all day.  Projected 8-10 inches.  Not ready!  The kids are kind of excited, though. 

The weekend was pretty good.  I had a few glasses of wine and ate out twice, so the choices maybe weren't the best, but no desserts, so that's good.  I even sat at the table with no issues while everyone else devoured Halloween candy.  I wasn't really even tempted.  I know that feeling will go away with the first taste, so I'm sticking to my plan like super glue.  It will still take a few days to get back to feeling comletely normal, so aiming for super clean and normal this week. 

I made it to yoga Friday night and Saturday afternoon.  I couldn't go yesterday because my mom went home early because of the snow coming and 10yo isn't ready to stay alone with nobody accessible quite yet.  That's ok.  We did our Target run and then hunkered down in the house.  Husband and 13yo got home from hunting around 10pm.  They were going to stay until today, but came home early because of the snow, too.  Crazy husband stayed up until midnight clearing out the rain garden because he didn't want to risk the snow sticking and not being able to do it until spring.  Gotta love winter in MN.

• Moderators

You sound really good, Jen. I am so impressed with your NS resolve. I've discovered that I'm OK with a bite or two of something sweet on the rare occasion as long as it's late in the day and I'm done eating for the day. And, of course, it has to be worth it. Progress, always making progress . . . right?

Progress is the goal!

I got into the trail mix last night.  :wacko:  Husband had it for deer hunting.  So, I'm dealing with bloat today.  Bad nuts.  At least it wasn't candy.  I made sure to have my sweet potato and coconut butter with breakfast today.  I skipped it yesterday, which seems to set me up for a snacky day.  Hopefully, today will be better.

Darn snow storm cost me another yoga class.  I missed Sunday because my mom had to go home early and then they canceled all classes yesterday!  They also canceled scouts, so the boys got to stay home last night.  They were happy about that.  Husband and I still had to go to the scout committee meeting, but it was a much less hectic night not juggling that, two kids' different meetings and yoga.  So, that's all good, I guess.  I will get to yoga tonight for sure!  I miss it.

Hey!!! I found you! You weren't really that hard to find, but somehow I didn't see your name when I searched before for your posts.  A new kitchen for Christmas would be fantastic.  What fun to bake and cook in a fresh clean space!  Hope it happens.

Great to read and see some of the things going on for you!!

NS 18 and really not feeling any need for sweets.  I like that.  I'm making candy bar bars again tonight, so hoping I can keep this feeling!  And, I'm making my Christmas fudge this weekend at my mom's (taking advantage of having a kitchen!). 

Tonight, I hope, we're going to a new restaurant near our house called Paleos!!!!  I can't wait.  I hope it works out. 

My neck has been bothering me so I didn't do anything in yoga that puts pressure on the neck - no shoulder stand or headstand.  I think it's tension from being super stressful at work and home and winter driving.  Yoga felt good, but I need to take it easy until the soreness is better. 

Oddly, despite the stress at work and at home right now, at my dr appt on Friday, my dr actually had me take an EKG test because my blood pressure and pulse are so low.  I told her it's just yoga and clean living :P , but she wanted the test anyway.  It didn't show any issues.  My blood pressure is always really low.  At my last dentist appt, they took my blood pressure and asked if they had to worry I'd faint when I got up.  Weird.  But good if my yoga breathing can help bring what could be a sky high number down.

• Moderators

I've always had a slow pulse and low blood pressure. Thought it was admirable until FMD connected it to thyroid issues. One of her goals for me is to keep my pulse at a higher, more moderate rate. I don't think a regular old thyroid test would pick up these things, though.

Archived