What all foods cause problems within Whole30?

I read ISWF but it was from the library so I don't have it in front of me. I still feel like i am bloated and was wondering if I should be elminating some compliant foods. I have taken nuts out because I know they give me gas. I would hate to take eggs out but do they sometimes cause problems in people?

• Moderators

According to experts, about 0.02 percent of Americans are allergic to eggs. That means your chances of having a problem with eggs is very small. However, you could stop eating eggs for a week to reset and then add them back and see how you feel.

I have found too many starches makes me burp and have gas....there is a fine line for those with me....enough for energy but not too much. Also making sure you are balancing salt with the amount of water you are drinking. The body will retain if no sodium.

http://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/06/whys-behind-autoimmune-protocol-eggs.html

This is an article by PaleoMom that explains why some people may be sensitive to eggs even though they are not allergic to them. I do not have an autoimmune disease though I have benefited tremendously from following the IBS/AIP ISWF protocols. Maybe I have a leaky gut or pre-leaky gut? I don't know, I don't even really care, I just know that if I'm eating something that makes me bloated, tired, cranky, spaced out and angry feeling I'm just not going to keep eating that food, and that was the case for me with eggs (among other things). I was also sensitive to nuts but once I started soaking them in salted water overnight then dehydrating them I have had zero problems (that I can notice). Paleomom says adding back egg yolks is a possibility, I have not tried it again since I have had multiple bad reactions. We just got new baby chicks so once those girls start laying eggs in about 6 months I'll give it another shot. I used to eat eggs on the daily (back when I just generally felt like garbage all the time) but after eliminating grains and the other w30 stuff is when I started to notice the egg reaction. Now I eat meat for breakfast and it's no big deal. Eliminating them for a short time will not harm you in any way. A few of us on the forum are gearing up for a 10 day mini AIP elimination (eggs, nightshades, nuts) so feel free to join us next week for that (there will be a group log in the post-w30 section) if you want to at least try it.

Archived