CalifaFarms Coconut Almond Milk - compliant or not?

castrov684

I have done a an extensive internet search and posted to social media with no response.I am really stressing out about whether the Califa farm coconut almond milk i bought is compliant

http://www.califiafarms.com/products/almondmilk/coconut-almondmilk

It is carageenan free, but has Monk Fruit Extract, Potassium Citrate These additives are not on the additive list and i have searched the internet.

I had to already start Whole 30 over at Day 2, because read on a blog that Lara Blueberry muffin bars were a good emergency snacks, then i found out it was not because of the vanilla extract so i started over again. 

Please advise. The ingredients are below and what milks other than homemade are compliant? 

Ingredients: 

Almondmilk (Water, Almonds), Coconut Cream. Contains Less Than 2% of the Following: Vitamin/Mineral Blend (Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D2, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Zinc), Sunflower Lecithin, Sea Salt, Natural Flavors, Potassium Citrate, Locust Bean Gum, Gellan Gum, Monk Fruit Extract.

• Moderators

Technically this product is not non-compliant, but it is far from what we want you consuming during a Whole30. By combining coconut cream and monk fruit extract with almond milk, this is sweet. We want you  eating whole foods or as close to whole foods as possible and this is a processed product that is sweet. Just don't go there. This is too much like conventional foods and if you consume conventional foods during your Whole30, your results will be lame. 

That you all so much. I will just throw it out and restart again tomorrow. It is really frustrating I have had to restart 2x. I will try to make my own milk, but is there any other recs anyone has to put in your coffee? Should I just use coconut cream or oil? I only by the milk for my coffee really.  :(

• 10 months later...
They have an unsweetened Almond Milk that has great flavor for those days you just don't have time to make your own ....

Ingredients: Almondmilk (Water, Almonds), Vitamin/Mineral Blend (Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D2, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Zinc), Sunflower Lecithin, Sea Salt, Potassium Citrate, Natural Flavors, Locust Bean Gum, Gellan Gum.

• 1 year later...
On 3/9/2016 at 8:44 AM, castrov684 said:

That you all so much. I will just throw it out and restart again tomorrow. It is really frustrating I have had to restart 2x. I will try to make my own milk, but is there any other recs anyone has to put in your coffee? Should I just use coconut cream or oil? I only by the milk for my coffee really.  :(

nutpods!

Archived