All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ShannonM816

Pre workout near lunch time

@Samantha Ribeiro I really don't have anything more than the article. Maybe one of the other mods can weigh in if they've found more information somewhere. All I really know is that in the years since the meal template was developed, thinking on pre- and post-workout nutrition has changed, and the article reflects that. If I find anything more, I'll definitely update here.
  3. Today
  4. Lorna from Canada

Protein (beef fat)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3569688/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6101675/ There's a couple to get you started.
  5. So I’m on R1D28! But... I quit my fiber supplements while on the program and now my irregularity issues and hemorrhoids are coming back. I though this diet would fix these things. Is there something I could be doing wrong? Also my candida came back. I quit yogurt so I’m wondering if probiotic supplements are needed. (Please don’t recommend kimchi, kombucha, fermented foods because they tend to give me gas and reflux.
  6. JenX

Whole30 Basic Mayo

I've had it last a week past the pull date on the eggs I used. You can tell when it goes off - it gets an off smell that is immediately noticeable.
  7. SugarcubeOD

Buffalo Butter

Not if it's made with animal dairy which I assume it is. Good for after tho
  8. Julie G

Buffalo Butter

Is Buffalo butter compliant? I am seeing it pop up in recipes and on TV and wonder if I can have it. It is lower in cholesterol so it seems like a definite win.
  9. Samantha Ribeiro

It´s dificult to understand it know. Because on the post workout meal, he even says to eat a fruit salad. Can´t really understand why eat carbs on pre workout since the body doesn´t need it for fuel. Do you have anything more on it? Why did it change?
  10. ShannonM816

Yes. If the ones on the meal template work for you, it's fine to keep using them, but the article is the newest information. They are planning to update the template.
  11. Samantha Ribeiro

Shannon, has the guidelines changed for the pre and post workout, because on the meal template it´s still protein and fat pre and in that article it´s carbs on pre.
  12. I was wondering about this article myself. so has it changed?
  13. JenX

JenX- Round 3.5 June 2019

again, I was sleeping so hard I turned off my first alarm and stayed in bed. Zzzzzzzz! I got home last night and made a delicious hash to nibble on this week. Homemade pork sausage (almost have the spice blend right), diced yam, 1/2 an onion and 1/2 a green cabbage. Last night's M3 ended up being the NY Strip (ate the whole thing! 2 full palms), broccoli and 1/2 a potato w/ ghee. NO SEEDS after dinner yay me! June 18 - day 18 m1: that hash + 2 eggs and 1/2 an avocado. I couldn't quite eat all that I dished up. m2: cabbage-roll soup, 1 hb egg + mayo for extra fat, 1/2 a mango with lime and chili powder. m3: chicken sausage meat sauce on spaghetti squash. I have dog agility league tonight which means running home, eating, running there and basically having to sprint. I can't do it on a full belly so may short my dinner and then have a snack when I get home. we'll have to see. I've been trying to decide if I'm going to stay pretty well compliant and for how long. I did a full set of reintroductions on a slow roll last time around and I doubt anything has changed. besides I rarely eat grains or legumes anymore. I love adding dairy in as it makes cooking a bit easier, but it definitely affects my energy so I think I'll try to stay away from it for a while yet. That leaves wine & beer. Beer bloats me something awful, so I try to buy the low-carb stuff when i'm drinking but every once in a while I just gotta have a real beer, ya know? Wine interrupts my sleep and depresses me, but I have such a hard time staying away.... I belong to 3 and 1/2 wine clubs (I split one of them with a friend) and just love trying new bottles. sigh. Sadly I have proven in the past that I have no ability to moderate my wine intake. Bottles generally make it 2 days max around my house and i'm the only one drinking. So long as nothing is open, I have no trouble so the solution is to NOT open anything. Maybe special occasions. And no, Friday night is not special enough anymore. so, what I have in my head right now is I have no reason to NOT stay compliant once the 30 days are up. I have 2 occasions where I for sure would be non-compliant. #1, my favorite sushi restaurant is closing and we need to go eat there before they do. that will be in july sometime. #2, I have a trip to napa planned in late august. there will be wine. lots of wine. I think I'd like to stay 95-99% compliant at least until my trip in late December. See if I can get more of this weight off and keep this good mood and better sleep. its a fair trade.
  14. BeginnersMind

Whose a fan of canned wild caught sardines?!

Delectable!!! First time I have tried sliced radishes before....thanks whole30!
  15. I’m hopeful that perhaps I’m losing visceral fat (the deep layers down fat) and that doesn’t usually show as a difference on top, but is the best for your health. Some websites said that you burn that fat at the beginning of becoming “fat-adapted” and won’t see a difference right away. We’ll see!
  16. Day 8 is here and I will say I find myself not as hungry. I am deciding to do daily weight measurements for my HealthMate app and I am down 7 lbs! Exciting as my brothers wedding is getting closer! My goal is lose 20 by July 12! Made this wonderful Smoke Salmon Fritatta i saw online! Unbelievably good! The sauce is a Green Onion Cashew Crema
  17. sisterannellen

Protein/Fruit/Nuts

Got it. So what I'm going to do to get my fruit in is integrate apples, berries and grapes into salads and if I'm hungry in between meals I'll have fruit and nuts so there will be some fat to accompany it with the goal of just thee meals a day with no snacks. THANKS ALL!!
  18. True Primal

Protein (beef fat)

It sounds plausible at least, but I tried to look for research/articles/studies on that and can't find anything.
  19. BeginnersMind

Haha yes!! Here's some more off the Seasons Brand website.... And....an image of my favorite! I'll take a picture of the salad I usually prep later today!
  20. FairyL0u

Day Zero

Managed to eat lunch! Hurrah for tiny victories... so far today: woken up at 02:00 by the cat, he wanted to present us with a dead shrew, delicious... eggs for breakfast, also delicious, strange rustling noise emanating from the kitchen bin turns out to be 'dead' shrew, which was deposited there at 02:00 by zombie husband. Chiropractor - ouch - expensive Dentist - ouch - expensive - now I look like I've suffered a stroke... Cycle home for lunch, nearly ingesting a large beetle as I cannot feel my face at all due to dentist ... eat lunch (hurrah)..back to work Rear tyre blows out/shreds a mile away from work, now sweaty and need to walk home instead of riding, annoyed and late.... Boo!
  21. ShannonM816

Protein/Fruit/Nuts

So you're asking more, if you want a banana with your meal, can it be separate on the plate, and does it matter if you eat it after you've eaten everything else? That's okay to do. If you eat your other food, and then decide you're still a little hungry and want some fruit, that is okay. If you find that you feel you must have fruit at the end of your meal, you might try having it at the same time (so, not necessarily mixed in, but on the plate with everything else, and you eat a few bites of protein, a few bites of vegetables, a few bites of fruit, going back and forth between them). But that's really up to you. I hope that answers your question.
  22. My first round's tiger blood (which didn't resemble anything described in the testimonials, but I later figured out that's what it was) didn't happen until days 20 and 24... and I guarantee you it wouldn't have been until later if I hadn't started my monthly cycle on literally day 1, because my entire system was completely thrown off by the dietary changes and the hormonal stuff going on at the same time. Not sure if that's something that could be affecting you as well, but that monthly hormonal swing definitely does have to be considered in my own.
  23. FairyL0u

Day Zero

Well, meal 2 may be off the table today - the dentist has numbed my mouth (in fact the entire left hand side of my face, including nostril and lower eye ) I look & feel like I've had some kind of neurological episode In 'good news' this may answer the question as to what I should eat for dinner
  24. Keen On Clean Fuel

Feel like I'm gaining and not losing weight

@MELeeDee -- this is very common!! Honestly, more and more frequently I am hearing that many people need more than the 30 days to truly reset. For my own personal journey, I didn't feel 'tiger blood' until after day 23 the very first time. Additionally, if you are finding increased digestive distress/bloating that doesn't truly resolve by the end of your 30 days, you should consider looking into the option that something else may be going on in your digestive track. As a side note: I would recommend a functional medicine/integrative medicine physician at that point as they can truly get to the root cause of what you may have going on and once treated you will be able to notice the real difference in your health! Whole30 is an amazing tool, but if we have underlying conditions going on, we've got to take care of those, too! Hang in there!
  25. People think you're crazy when you say your taste buds change after whole30 -- but it's proving to be very true as I continue to learn how others don't go back to previously "loved" items.
  26. Keen On Clean Fuel

You've made me want to try them - that's for sure
  27. Keen On Clean Fuel

Protein/Fruit/Nuts

@sisterannellen - You have some great questions. Another way to think of fruit is to not eat it alone as it will give us a blood sugar spike. With that said, incorporating it with a meal is a great idea if the meal has protein/fats and you could also have fruit as a snack if you have it with some sort of protein or fat as well. With my clients, I usually suggest to have a snack if you are truly hungry in the first week to two weeks. After that, you will have a better balanced blood sugar and should be focusing on those three meals that fit the suggested template. In regards to your question for your protein source, there are many vegetarians who complete this program without meat so if you are going to have eggs at your meal, that would be your protein source. Hope you are feeling strong on your journey so far!
  1. Load more activity